Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2v Intake manifold options

2v Intake manifold options

Well come to find out I have the infamous intake crack on my car because I have quite a bit of coolant leaking into the valley of my motor. I have heard that to get the upgraded intake with the aluminum crossover from Ford is like $800 so I figure if I am gonna spend that kind of dough I might as well get an aftermarket intake manifold, do you know what a good company is for intake manifolds for the 2v? I would like to spend as least as possible but I do want a good long lasting intake that will take a beating. any ideas?

bullitt set ups can be done for 700 if you piece it togther right. My friend pulled nice numbers on a p51 prior to his heads and cam with full bolt ons. thats going to run you 800 or 899 intake and 300 or 350 for the fuel rails etc. If you do a p51 take it apart before putting it togther, couple people had issues with shavings left in the intake when being made. Trick flow has a set up also now not sure if it requires all the stuff like the bullitt set up does. Also look into logan motorsports there intake might be out now also. They are out of jersey i saw preproduction numbers and they looked very good, that was over a year ago so should be out

Ebay they are $150
    2012 Race Red GT w/ a 5 Liter and a 6 speed
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T traded in.
    '03 DBS Cobra .... Traded in, THANK GOD
    '01 Ford Lightning.... Sold, sorely missed

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSMC View Post
    Ebay they are $150
    thats how i fixed my 98 when it cracked....

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    thats how i fixed my 98 when it cracked....
    hmm..did you pick up the one with the aluminum crossover? not quite sure what I want to do with the car, kinda leaning towards centrifigal supercharger and would like and intake to handle the boost pressure

Gold Award 
    yup. got the one with the alumn part. i was not going to have to do that twice. since at the time i knew my mom would be getting the car and i was not doing it twice. its an aftermarket one, but it fits perfectly and has been on there for allmost two years now.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

TexasHotRods makes the "Hardballr" intake manifold, which I believe is just like our stock manifold but this one is aluminum. Heres the link for it. http://www.texashotrods.com/StoreFro...15&i=222304916

I think edelbrock even has a victor jr. intake manifold for our 2v's also.

Quote Originally Posted by Poonstang2k View Post
    TexasHotRods makes the "Hardballr" intake manifold, which I believe is just like our stock manifold but this one is aluminum. Heres the link for it. http://www.texashotrods.com/StoreFro...15&i=222304916

I think edelbrock even has a victor jr. intake manifold for our 2v's also.
    i'd run the logan before that. Lost touch didnt realize it was actually avail. I remember the prototypes and know a few who ran the prototypes back east when i was home
    http://www.loganmotorsports.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ahawkins View Post
    Well come to find out I have the infamous intake crack on my car because I have quite a bit of coolant leaking into the valley of my motor. I have heard that to get the upgraded intake with the aluminum crossover from Ford is like $800 so I figure if I am gonna spend that kind of dough I might as well get an aftermarket intake manifold, do you know what a good company is for intake manifolds for the 2v? I would like to spend as least as possible but I do want a good long lasting intake that will take a beating. any ideas?

Same thing happened on my T-Bird many years ago. 800 bucks? Not correct by a long shot. Mine was under 200 bucks (aluminum crossover). Been romping on it since and not a problem yet. Look around Alex.

Yeah the same just happened to my brothers 01 gt. I think Im gonna' go with the Trickflow bullit style intake manifold here pretty soon. The loganmotorsports sheetmetal style that ruck mentioned is nice, but the price is a kick in pants. 1500 smackaroos!