Thread: I bought my first house!!

Hybrid View

Silver Award 

I bought my first house!!

Today is the close of escrow on my first house! I can't wait to get the keys. It is an awesome 3 bed, 2 bath, and of course, a 2 car garage for me to work on the Cobra. Real estate prices really suck right now though. I paid $280K for it, and it probably sold for ~$185K when it was brand new in 1999. Oh well. It is a wedding present to my new wife of two weeks. Just thought I would share with you all. Later.

-Andy

Gold Award 
    Congrats Andy, owning a home is a great reward and responsibility. Been married six years in June and we now live in our second home. Easiest mone I have ever made selling my first house. Too bad I spent it all on the second. :lol:

Congract on the pruchase..
    98 Mustang Cobra # 3823
    13.59@ 101.91MPH
    261 RWHP 267 RWTQ

Gold Award 
    What house sold new for 1999 at 185K and now went for 280K? Some deals out there for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by matt
    Congrats Andy, owning a home is a great reward and responsibility. Been married six years in June and we now live in our second home. Easiest mone I have ever made selling my first house. Too bad I spent it all on the second. :lol:
    At least you didn't overspend on the second like my dumbass did.

Silver Award 
    Homes have really gone up since 1999. There is nothing paticularly special about the house, my guess is it was the base model in this community. The thing that I like about it is, the last owner bought the house in October of last year, and then remodeled the thing. Everything, I mean everything in the house is brand new, and totally upgraded. It has the best of everything now. We love it. Thanks guys.

-Andy

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by askiles
    Homes have really gone up since 1999.
    Ya I know, thats why I said the thing about deals out there...cause you definetly got one if the numbers you posted are even in the ballpark. I've made over a quarter million in unrealized gain on my house from 2/14/2005-2/14/2006, and I know of a few others on this board who most likely made even more.

And you have a fresh remodel (on a pretty new house) to boot

Nice find Andy, good luck with it and take care.

Silver Award 
    Thanks. I did just look at the appraisal, and it said that the house new was ~$175K, so that is a crazy appreciation. How long have you lived in Arizona 50? I have lived here my whole life, and have been able to see how crazy real estate has been in just the last 5-6 years. Certain cities East and West of Phoenix didn't even exist until a couple of years ago. Anthem is a good example. (Well also North of Phoenix I guess.) It just used to be that outlet mall, and nothing else. It really sprung up overnight. Anyways, back to Cobra talk.

-Andy