Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My chances against an 06' R6?

Quote Originally Posted by 50 BMG
    Um, no...He wasn't trying to race. Think about it, 4 cars on a bike from a 60-120 roll...that race has a duration of 4 or 5 seconds. Effectively saying he put a car length on unknown bike every second they raced.

120 MPH is barely crackin 3rd gear on these new model bikes.

It ain't a R1...

You don't need those mods to beat an R6 from a 40-150 roll. 520 or so rwhp on a typical 03/04 vs. a stock R6 will be a good race on a 40-150 roll. If they run from a dig the cobra (for all intensive arguments) has no chance.
    sure, well bring your cobra with those mods and race benny on his zx6r (the black one that was in the video)

and ill garuntee a cobra with the mods said above wont keep up.

The Nunn's
    Quote Originally Posted by phenix
    i think it was more then 2 1/2 but i let off once i pulled so far that i didnt care anymore.

:-D

ill re run you anytime youd like
    what ever friday the NOS goes in i guess i'll just change my name to 2nd2R1

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by phenix
    sure, well bring your cobra with those mods and race benny on his zx6r (the black one that was in the video)

and ill garuntee a cobra with the mods said above wont keep up.
    If you can "garuntee" it, then...

Looking forward to running your R1 next fall...just stay in your own lane.

The Nunn's
    ah yes next fall :twisted:

If you can "garuntee" it, then...

Looking forward to running your R1 next fall...just stay in your own lane.
    oHHHH big man im sorry i was trying to set up for 3 wide like we were supposed to but you 2 ****s were to stupid to accomplish that.:???:

Gold Award 
    I'm a wimp when it comes to the hot weather and driving these heat trap cobras. Then again, I'm deleting my AC and never used it when I drove the car in the summer anyways.:???:

The Nunn's
    I'm a wimp when it comes to the hot weather and driving these heat trap cobras. Then again, I'm deleting my AC and never used it when I drove the car in the summer anyways.:???:
    you dont need a/c when your going over 200....?

I'm a biker at heart, so I was shocked and hate to admit it when I ran into this exact same scenario.

I had just got my '03 and was only running a drop in K&N (stock airbox) and Magnaflow cat-back, when I ran into a couple 600's; a new Gixxer and an Kawi 636 (both stock looking). But, the rider of the Kawi looked like he'd been around the block once or twice, tall thin guy with rashed out 1pc. leathers.

He actually pulled up to me on the -high speed track- and was looking for action. I turned off the A/C and backshifted down into 3rd, thinking this was just for fun. But he let me have the jump, and I pulled him through the top of 4th and put a car length on him! I was shocked, as I had just got the car, and didn't believe it. He wasn't very happy.

He came back and wanted another go... he wasn't cocky this time, and I saw him tap a couple downshifts himself. I hit it again, and 5k in 3rd through the top of 4th, he had slipped from my door back to my rear bumper.

He gave me the nod, and when his buddy (who held back and watched) finally caught up, he had big eyeballs and gave me a healthy thumbs up. Cool guys.

Now, I would have to say from a dig, a race with a small bike vs. a Cobra would depend heavily on traction. On the street, it would be tough to get rolling in a strong car. At the strip on my ZX-12 , I get about a 1.80 60' compared to fast street cars pulling low 1.7's. Faster race cars with 60's down in the -1.5 range have me out to past half-track, then I come steaming by with a killer trap speed. I'm still just getting rolling by the end of the 1/4, with a stock arm and pipe.

Liter bikes (or larger) are gonna be tough on the street, the farther you go, the faster the bike, so you better have a stout car to consider it. My Hayabusa buddy who also owns an honest 11 sec. Cobra just gets flat left when we blast an on ramp on my bike.

End result, my 600+ Hp Cobra pal runs close with my stock 12 at the track in full street trim on slicks, due to his advantage out of the hole. On the street, with any road worthy tire from a roll, I don't think he would have a chance, and if he did, it would be a waaaay spooky ride for him to really air it out on the top end of 150.

In an ironic twist, 600's have a better chance from a standstill (easier to launch), and the liter bikes are better from a roll (fast enough that it won't wheelie). Playing with ZX12's, Hayabusa's or the new 14, you better be packin. If the rider is skilled, it gonna get ugly for the car real quick.
    Last edited by Brakelate; 07-16-06 at 02:35 AM.

Um, no...He wasn't trying to race. Think about it, 4 cars on a bike from a 60-120 roll...that race has a duration of 4 or 5 seconds. Effectively saying he put a car length on unknown bike every second they raced.

120 MPH is barely crackin 3rd gear on these new model bikes.

Yeah, he was racing. His front lifted after I kinda got the jump. I forgot to mention it looked like an older bike, early 90's maybe? He did some wheelies afterwards, but yeah Im sure he would kill me in a fair/well-ridden race. Fun nonetheless. Its looking I will have some mods on before I face my boss and his R6. His bike is just about broken in but I told him to wait until I get pullied.

Im probally going to go with the 2.8 and a GOOD tune, Bassani O/R X, Differential brace (yeah, I should have one allready I know), some ET streets for my extra rims. The big thing is even If I loose, it shouldn't be by much and my boss doesn't really comprehend how good of a race I am going to give him.

In case anyone's wondering, my mods are Ram clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, Bassani Cat-Back, Tuneable Induction CAI. I don't think thats too shabby since I just got the car in FEB.
    Last edited by vicious781; 07-19-06 at 12:11 AM.

After being in Kuwait with consistant heat in the 120's, with 40lb of body armor and equipment in our Hummers, Arizona doesn't seem so bad. I haven't used my AC really either.