Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My chances against an 06' R6?

I raced a Yamaha R6 on the interstate from a 35 mph roll. He was riding at my door and said, whenever you are ready just go. Well that was the last time I saw him. We went to about 100 mph and I let off. He stayed just off my rear bumper but never came past me.

We got off at the next exit and he was shocked. He never seen it coming and did not think that I had anything for him.

87 Regal Limited with "T" package
    Stock unopened motor. 11.20 @ 119 1.57 60'

Stupid me tried to go against a Busa from a dig....not pretty at all. I jumped him a little :angel:, but before I was going to shift into 2nd gear, I see this dude bust out a wheelie & OWN me out right!

Would of had an R6 that the rider was a newbie, if the track wasnt slippery R6 = 12.6 to my 13.01 @ 70mph.

I don't think you would take him if he knows how to ride that is. I've seen 600's with new riders go mid 12's in the 1/4 which is horrible. My pretty much bone stock 6R (slip-on pipe is all I have in the way of performance) went 11.1 @ 125 with a 1.9 60ft. And I know theres more in her too.

I've only got to race one '03 cobra and it was from like a 60-70 mph roll. '03 cobra had diablo MAF extender, pullied and ported eaton. My front tire was at his back bumber when he and I down shifted. We both jumped on it and I pulled past him and moved over infront of him and let off due to traffic at about 130.
    '94 Ranger XLT

'07 Civic SI - Sold
    '06 Altima 3.5SE - Dead
    '03 ZX6R - Sold
    '00 GT - Gone

The Cobra driver probably downshifted from 6th to 5th. Had he gone down to 3rd at that speed (as he should have) it would have been a different story. Especially with a ported blower.

How much do you weigh, and what gear did you drop down to?

Quote Originally Posted by Brakelate View Post
    The Cobra driver probably downshifted from 6th to 5th. Had he gone down to 3rd at that speed (as he should have) it would have been a different story. Especially with a ported blower.

How much do you weigh, and what gear did you drop down to?
    I probably should have mentioned that. He down shifted atleast twice. Wasn't paying close attention but I know it was atleast twice. He might have been in 3rd, he was up in the revs when we went. I probably downshifted to 3rd or 4th from 6th as well. We both had the revs up when we went. As far as weight, I'm about 165ish.
    '94 Ranger XLT

'07 Civic SI - Sold
    '06 Altima 3.5SE - Dead
    '03 ZX6R - Sold
    '00 GT - Gone