Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My chances against an 06' R6?

My chances against an 06' R6?

Eh...got an 03' Cobra with catback and DR's. My boss got a bran new 06' Yamaha R6 with 1000 miles on the clock and wants to run me. What are my chances against him? He's a new rider, but also I've only had my Cobra for a couple months too. Any predictions or advice?

I will post up what happens when we get this thing done with!

My guess is that from a roll, you'd get a small jump on him with him flying by shortly there after. Same from a dig. They run high 10's to low 11's stock if Im not mistaken.
    Future 2008 Shelby GT 500 owner

2005 Mustang GT-318rwhp
    JLT Intake, Pullies, axleback, SCT w/ bamachips 93 octane race tune.--Gone

2005 Chevy Tahoe-5.3L 295hp

Gold Award 
    You'll get stomped either way. If you win then you're racing against a FOB noob.

When my car was still at ~500 rwhp and on BFG DR's I ran one from a 40 roll till the beginning or middle of 4th gear and put mabey a car on him.

It was an 05 model and he took the hit.
    Last edited by 50 BMG; 04-06-06 at 08:46 AM.

i thought they ran bottom 10's but either way you dont have much of a chance if he has any clue how to ride it.

but then again i raced one of my friends with a speed bike (its the bike from top gun, its a 900 and it had some mods done)(i think thats a ninja but i dont remember)(). anyways i raced him and at the time i wasn't the best driver but he only got me by 2-3 cars. so moral of the story is you never know until you race. anything can happen

Quote Originally Posted by 89az50
    i thought they ran bottom 10's but either way you dont have much of a chance if he has any clue how to ride it.

but then again i raced one of my friends with a speed bike (its the bike from top gun, its a 900 and it had some mods done)(i think thats a ninja but i dont remember)(). anyways i raced him and at the time i wasn't the best driver but he only got me by 2-3 cars. so moral of the story is you never know until you race. anything can happen
    One of my bros friends has an 05 gsxr1000. It runs low 10's. A zx12 runs high 9's and kawasaki just came out w/ a zx14(175-180rwhp). Supposed to be way faster than a busa. Bikes are fun, but I'd rather have a Cobra any day.
    Future 2008 Shelby GT 500 owner

2005 Mustang GT-318rwhp
    JLT Intake, Pullies, axleback, SCT w/ bamachips 93 octane race tune.--Gone

2005 Chevy Tahoe-5.3L 295hp

Thanks for the insight guys! I ran some dude on a bike on an empty 101 (60-120mph) and got him by about 4 lengths about a week ago. I don't know much about bikes, but Im guessing it was abouts a 600cc. Needless to say I was surpised, but yeah, we'll see what happens when my boss breaks his in.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious781
    Thanks for the insight guys! I ran some dude on a bike on an empty 101 (60-120mph) and got him by about 4 lengths about a week ago. I don't know much about bikes, but Im guessing it was abouts a 600cc. Needless to say I was surpised, but yeah, we'll see what happens when my boss breaks his in.
    he sucks at riding then.

unless your running a 200shot and some other mods like pullys and full exhaust like dan you wont have a prair.

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by phenix
    he sucks at riding then
    Um, no...He wasn't trying to race. Think about it, 4 cars on a bike from a 60-120 roll...that race has a duration of 4 or 5 seconds. Effectively saying he put a car length on unknown bike every second they raced.

120 MPH is barely crackin 3rd gear on these new model bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by phenix
    unless your running a 200shot and some other mods like pullys and full exhaust like dan you wont have a prair.
    It ain't a R1...

You don't need those mods to beat an R6 from a 40-150 roll. 520 or so rwhp on a typical 03/04 vs. a stock R6 will be a good race on a 40-150 roll. If they run from a dig the cobra (for all intensive arguments) has no chance.

The Nunn's
    well i ran benson on drews R1 i was about in the middle of 3rd and by about 135 ish he had me by about two two and a half cars and that was with out the bottle so ya so just wait till the 300 shot hits the car

Quote Originally Posted by 2ND2NUNN
    well i ran benson on drews R1 i was about in the middle of 3rd and by about 135 ish he had me by about two two and a half cars and that was with out the bottle so ya so just wait till the 300 shot hits the car
    i think it was more then 2 1/2 but i let off once i pulled so far that i didnt care anymore.

:-D

ill re run you anytime youd like