Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suspension tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    came and see us @ performance solutions we can help
    Dan do you guys have a gauge (?) to check the pinion angle? That is probably the main thing I am not sure about. It might be way off with the different tranny and rearend mods.
    11.724@120.065 (1.839 60ft)

"It doesn't matter how bad your car is on the Dyno-it's the clock at the end of the track that counts!"

Gold Award 
    Dude, its Gene with the black KB cobra that you met at speedworld. I'm Ethans buddy, not his cousin. Although, I can see the resemblance. That panhard bar is killing you. Thats for road racing. Get some Ford Motorsports uppers, that way you dont need to worry about your pinion angle. Thats what I run as weel. Get some Lakewood 90/10's in the front & some QA1 Adjustables in the back, and you'll be good to go. Gene

Hey Gene, sorry for the confusion. I thought Ethan said you were his cousin.

Anyway, here is what I am running. Basically it is the launch box kit by MM minus the cage and upgraded to the D-Spec struts and shocks:

MM Caster/Camber Plates
    MM Full Length Subframe Connectors
    MM Drag Race Adj. Rear Lower Control Arms
    D-Spec Struts
    D-Spec Shocks
    H&R Super Race Springs, rear pair

MM Panhard Bar
    MM Heavy Duty Torque-arm
    MM Front Coil-Over Kit
    Hypercoil springs, 2-1/2”
    MM Tubular A-Arms
    MM K-member

I talked to MM and they said the Panhard bar would work better even in the straight line then going with uppers. I am still up in the air on that one-would not have a problem swapping it out but I don't think that is the main problem.

I talked to Devin this morning at PS and I am going to take it down when they get the lift installed to check the pinon angle and see what else may need to be tweaked.
    Last edited by QTRPONY; 04-10-06 at 03:37 PM.

"It doesn't matter how bad your car is on the Dyno-it's the clock at the end of the track that counts!"

Gold Award 
    Everything looks good besides the TQ arm and panhard bar. I would also get ride of those springs in favor for the stockers or get some eibach brag springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene
    Everything looks good besides the TQ arm and panhard bar. I would also get ride of those springs in favor for the stockers or get some eibach brag springs.
    Actually I made a correction on the springs-they are the H&R Super Race springs and not the Sport Springs. Supposed to be weighted at 260-300#.

As far as the TQ arm & pan hard bar-I pretty much listened to MM on that. They are pretty adament about them working very well on drag setups. I was not sure I wanted to go that drastic but I ended up going with it to see. I have had pretty good luck with MM parts before and they have a pretty good rep for standing by their stuff so I took a "leap of faith" that it will work as they say. So far it hasn't, but I really have been sidetracked with other issues like finding a tranny and clutch that will hold up. Now that I got that worked out it is time for the suspension tuning.
    If I can't make it work I will definitely pull them and go back to uppers.

Gold Award 
    You've got the power, just need to transfer the weight. Get the Lakewood 90/10's and be done with it.

Does the RH tire spin, or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Racer726
    Does the RH tire spin, or both?
    Usually both.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene

actualy the panhard bar keeps the rear end in perfect alignment with the trans I would actualy keep that Item my self I noticed a huge fiffrence when i installed one on my 94 cobra as for the tQ arm Im with gene on that one get some solid adjustables and set it at about 7* you will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    actualy the panhard bar keeps the rear end in perfect alignment with the trans I would actualy keep that Item my self I noticed a huge fiffrence when i installed one on my 94 cobra as for the tQ arm Im with gene on that one get some solid adjustables and set it at about 7* you will be fine
    Yeah, I am leaning that way. First thing I am going to start with is new tires. They are worn down to the wear bars now since I have been hitting the track alot lately. I have been running 15X10 Prostars with 275/50/15 MT DR's. I am thinking now those may be a little narrow for 10 in. wheels and they may be convaving when I launch and not getting the full tread pattern on the ground. I am going to step up to 325/50/15's and see if that helps any. They are a taller tire so I will get more sidewall flex and tread footprint is an 1 1/2 wider.

The other side is I am running 4:10's so that should make them seem like a higher gear for me. Not sure how to calculate that.

If that does not help drastically I will pull the TQ arm and go with UCA's and see what that does. I hate experimenting.