Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding a X-PIPE any real benefits?

Gold Award 

Adding a X-PIPE any real benefits?

I am adding a Ford Racing CAI from the dealership. They also told me that we can go ahead and also add an X-PIPE. I was wondering this: If the X-PIPE really only gives gains of a few horse power, is it really worth a few hundred dollars? Any opinions gladly accepted.
    Thanks.
    2007 Mustang GT/CS - 20 inch Custom Boyd Coddingtons, BFG KDW, Ford Racing air intake, x-pipe, pro cal tune, JBA axel backs.

The sound is nearly worth it. I liked my H-pipe but put on an X and your car just sounds pissed off all the time.
    2012 Race Red GT w/ a 5 Liter and a 6 speed
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T traded in.
    '03 DBS Cobra .... Traded in, THANK GOD
    '01 Ford Lightning.... Sold, sorely missed

Quote Originally Posted by ASUSMC View Post
    The sound is nearly worth it. I liked my H-pipe but put on an X and your car just sounds pissed off all the time.
    Why yes it does, I would know first hand

Hey Jeff, i heard you put the pacesetter X on, how do you like it? any fitment issues?

Gold Award 
    That is exactly what the dealer told me. That migth actually make it worth while just like you said. I was going to get a FR X-PIPE since the dealer installed warranty stays intact. Any Ideas?
    2007 Mustang GT/CS - 20 inch Custom Boyd Coddingtons, BFG KDW, Ford Racing air intake, x-pipe, pro cal tune, JBA axel backs.

Silver Award 
    i definitely think an X-pipe is worth it, im going to get one pretty soon myself.

Alex it fit up good. Its leaking a little now but that probably just because its been through a few heat cycles. Will tighten it up tomorrow when I have the car in the air.

Maddme go on youtube and look up GT and Xpipe as key words and you will notice a difference.
    2012 Race Red GT w/ a 5 Liter and a 6 speed
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T traded in.
    '03 DBS Cobra .... Traded in, THANK GOD
    '01 Ford Lightning.... Sold, sorely missed

Quote Originally Posted by maddme View Post
    That is exactly what the dealer told me. That migth actually make it worth while just like you said. I was going to get a FR X-PIPE since the dealer installed warranty stays intact. Any Ideas?
    No x-pipe will void your warranty, and any dealer installed x-pipe will keep the cats, so your car will just sound a little spoiled not really pissed off, and at your HP power level, it adds absolutely no HP gains. Please do not pay the dealer to install your x-pipe, as it is a very quick do it yourself item. Becareful though, as an x-pipe with are cars can lean out the tune. Good luck...

The Nunn's
    well on the 05+ cars you get a DROWNING from an x pipe and it get really annoying especially on the freeway at cruise speeds. but the x will give the car a higher pitched screaming exhaust note

YouTube - Mustang GT Exhaust: X-PIPE AND FLOWMASTERS
    here is a 05 gt with x pipe and flowmasters

Gold Award 
    Hey all great ideas and the you tube link rocks, Thanks

The Nunn's
    YouTube - SLP Loudmouth + O/R X pipe LOUD
    well this is kind of the same thing but a more vivid sound note