Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 03-04 cobra recall

I just got my second notice in the mail about this recall.
    Does anyone know if you can just order the part?
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Great question. I was wondering the same thing.

Another friend just bought an '04 Cobra (Screaming Yellow on Chromies, 2500 mi) down in San Diego and the dealership did the recall work on it. I was curious, so I inspected it. It's a pretty minor thing; a thin black plate that goes under the pedal against the trans hump and firewall. Not sure how they get it to stick in there, but it's not obnoxious or anything.

As usual, I'm more concerned about the dealership having my car than anything else. I would be dazzled if they would just give me the part to install. But, I doubt they would just hand it over, taking into consideration the liability concerns that prompted the recall in the first place.

I cut the carpet on mine after it stuck. I would like to see the look on their faces when I roll in with the Whipple. I know if I don't get it done they will keep pestering me by mail.

It really does look like something that could be popped right in, while you stood there with them at the Service Writers station.

See, with the Whipple and all, not only am I afraid of them driving the car, but also making notes on the OASIS database that you may not appreciate later on down the road.

Perhaps I'm just paranoid, but this is coming from a guy that had his ESP warranty voided over a stinking drop-in K&N filter!

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire
    I cut the carpet on mine after it stuck. I would like to see the look on their faces when I roll in with the Whipple. I know if I don't get it done they will keep pestering me by mail.
    You, Gene, Akuma, and Shaggy should roll into a dealership together for the warranty work

Quote Originally Posted by 50 BMG
    You, Gene, Akuma, and Shaggy should roll into a dealership together for the warranty work
    That would be a site. LOL
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5