Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Senior Member Radeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    313

    Lightbulb Discuss my decision NOT to purchase an 03/04 Cobra

    After many, many weeks of pondering and listening to peoples advise, I have decided not to purchase an 03/04 Cobra. I've always kinda liked the exterior and love the interiors of the S197 based Mustangs. Im 95% sure that Im going to purchase a 05 Mustang GT, buy Ford GT engine block/heads, six speed, and a big 2.4 Kenne Bell. This way, I can make my own "custom" GT500. I'd have something thats one of a kind. Im going to purchase in July when I return from my vacation to Indiana. In the mean time, what all will I need besides the obvious? I will start purchasing over the next 5 months or so and have Performance Solutions swap everything over this fall/winter. Please let me know what you think of this and any advice you may have. Thanks.
    Future 2008 Shelby GT 500 owner

    2005 Mustang GT-318rwhp
    JLT Intake, Pullies, axleback, SCT w/ bamachips 93 octane race tune.--Gone

    2005 Chevy Tahoe-5.3L 295hp

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeon
    After many, many weeks of pondering and listening to peoples advise, I have decided not to purchase an 03/04 Cobra. I've always kinda liked the exterior and love the interiors of the S197 based Mustangs. Im 95% sure that Im going to purchase a 05 Mustang GT, buy Ford GT engine block/heads, six speed, and a big 2.4 Kenne Bell. This way, I can make my own "custom" GT500. I'd have something thats one of a kind. Im going to purchase in July when I return from my vacation to Indiana. In the mean time, what all will I need besides the obvious? I will start purchasing over the next 5 months or so and have Performance Solutions swap everything over this fall/winter. Please let me know what you think of this and any advice you may have. Thanks.
    OK why the Mustang "Gt". I mean you arnt keeping anything from it that clost a lot. So **** it buy a Blown V6 and start from scrach. Buy some Gt500 Pannels and shit then the sets. ****ing Golden! I mean shit you are already getting a (ford) Gt Block and six speed, **** it and just buy a built rearend. Plus you will be saving a shit load of money over the mustang GT.

    Trust me if i could have done it that way in the first place i would.

    Just my $0.02,
    Kyle

  3. #3
    Oh, and one last thing. **** THE 2.4L!!!!!!!!!!!! Way not worth it! Bang vs buck your better off with a 2.3 or a single turbo. The 2.4L isnt worth doing it unless your running 25+ boost. Even then ....UM BELTSLIP. There is alwasys the cog drive option but then add some more cash. I would say go with a 80+ single Turbo and have some fun. The kenny will just get you pissed off.

  4. #4
    Senior Member 50 BMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    770
    Gold Award 
    Kyle feels about the same as I do on this.

    Most important point: Don't waste time buying a GT. Get a V6 (ideally with a blown engine or something like that) and drop in w/e powerplant you want to.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    949
    Who cares buy something already I ****ing dont care if it is a Yugo just buy something


    is my banner done yet ?????? if not let me know because I will be forced to advertize on other boards

  6. #6
    Senior Member Radeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Who cares buy something already I ****ing dont care if it is a Yugo just buy something


    is my banner done yet ?????? if not let me know because I will be forced to advertize on other boards
    I would by something already, but my credit isn't ****ing grade A perfect like most peoples. My wife and I just bought an 05 Altima for her that required $2000 ****ing down. Her having a vehicle is much more important than me having one at the moment.

    And yes, your banner is done. Dont have a fit over it because your getting it for free and your advertising on this site is all going to be free for now. I have my own biz too as do you. You seem pretty busy with it as I am with mine. It'll be on here sometime this weekend.

    FWIW, the reason for our credit problems is all do to when I lost my job in Indiana. I havent been able to buy(until April 11th) because we have been in CH7 Bankruptcy in Indiana. Its not something Im really proud of, but shit happens. It was discharged this past Tuesday and we went and got the Altima. I dont think I need to explain anything any further. I will get a car when I get a good deal. Its not like Im desperate for one being that I do all the work with my biz at night and watch my daughter during the day.

    Anyways, I was thinking that maybe I should look into a six cylinder. How much diffrence is there between the interior of the GT and a six? I may stop and look at a dealership later.
    Future 2008 Shelby GT 500 owner

    2005 Mustang GT-318rwhp
    JLT Intake, Pullies, axleback, SCT w/ bamachips 93 octane race tune.--Gone

    2005 Chevy Tahoe-5.3L 295hp

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    949
    Relax I just want you to buy a car taht way you participate in mpore events. as for the banner thank you and i will pay for it as i have already stated before you started on it. I dont expect anything for free.

    thanks Dan

  8. #8
    Administrator BurnTire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeon
    I would by something already, but my credit isn't ****ing grade A perfect like most peoples. My wife and I just bought an 05 Altima for her that required $2000 ****ing down. Her having a vehicle is much more important than me having one at the moment.

    And yes, your banner is done. Dont have a fit over it because your getting it for free and your advertising on this site is all going to be free for now. I have my own biz too as do you. You seem pretty busy with it as I am with mine. It'll be on here sometime this weekend.

    FWIW, the reason for our credit problems is all do to when I lost my job in Indiana. I havent been able to buy(until April 11th) because we have been in CH7 Bankruptcy in Indiana. Its not something Im really proud of, but shit happens. It was discharged this past Tuesday and we went and got the Altima. I dont think I need to explain anything any further. I will get a car when I get a good deal. Its not like Im desperate for one being that I do all the work with my biz at night and watch my daughter during the day.

    Anyways, I was thinking that maybe I should look into a six cylinder. How much diffrence is there between the interior of the GT and a six? I may stop and look at a dealership later.
    Don't kill yourself financially over a car. Get what you can afford. Before you do anything build a rainy day bank account and get the credit rating back up. I new car is always nice, but you can go dam fast in an older mustang also. There are lots of options in the mustang world. I wish I still had my 90 LX. I had about 18K total into the car and it ran 11.40's You don't have to explain anything. Shit happens financially learn from it and press on in your quest for horse power.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

  9. #9
    Senior Member Lucafu1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    542
    Gold Award 
    i would save the money and get a GT with a saleen blower. get some 39# inj. from a cobra and a SCT MAF, Tuner, exhaust and call is a day.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Radeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucafu1
    i would save the money and get a GT with a saleen blower. get some 39# inj. from a cobra and a SCT MAF, Tuner, exhaust and call is a day.
    Im going to get a 05 V6 premium and get the 5.4 alum block and the GT heads. I dont even know if this kind of conversion has been done before. Im sure it will be alot of work, but in the end I'll have exactly what I want. I can get a six for 17-20K. The cheapest GT I've seen around is around 26K. The diffrence can buy the engine, trans, and rear that I want.
    Future 2008 Shelby GT 500 owner

    2005 Mustang GT-318rwhp
    JLT Intake, Pullies, axleback, SCT w/ bamachips 93 octane race tune.--Gone

    2005 Chevy Tahoe-5.3L 295hp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •