Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discuss my decision NOT to purchase an 03/04 Cobra

Lightbulb Discuss my decision NOT to purchase an 03/04 Cobra

After many, many weeks of pondering and listening to peoples advise, I have decided not to purchase an 03/04 Cobra. I've always kinda liked the exterior and love the interiors of the S197 based Mustangs. Im 95% sure that Im going to purchase a 05 Mustang GT, buy Ford GT engine block/heads, six speed, and a big 2.4 Kenne Bell. This way, I can make my own "custom" GT500. I'd have something thats one of a kind. Im going to purchase in July when I return from my vacation to Indiana. In the mean time, what all will I need besides the obvious? I will start purchasing over the next 5 months or so and have Performance Solutions swap everything over this fall/winter. Please let me know what you think of this and any advice you may have. Thanks.
    Future 2008 Shelby GT 500 owner

2005 Mustang GT-318rwhp
    JLT Intake, Pullies, axleback, SCT w/ bamachips 93 octane race tune.--Gone

2005 Chevy Tahoe-5.3L 295hp

Quote Originally Posted by Radeon
    After many, many weeks of pondering and listening to peoples advise, I have decided not to purchase an 03/04 Cobra. I've always kinda liked the exterior and love the interiors of the S197 based Mustangs. Im 95% sure that Im going to purchase a 05 Mustang GT, buy Ford GT engine block/heads, six speed, and a big 2.4 Kenne Bell. This way, I can make my own "custom" GT500. I'd have something thats one of a kind. Im going to purchase in July when I return from my vacation to Indiana. In the mean time, what all will I need besides the obvious? I will start purchasing over the next 5 months or so and have Performance Solutions swap everything over this fall/winter. Please let me know what you think of this and any advice you may have. Thanks.
    OK why the Mustang "Gt". I mean you arnt keeping anything from it that clost a lot. So **** it buy a Blown V6 and start from scrach. Buy some Gt500 Pannels and shit then the sets. ****ing Golden! I mean shit you are already getting a (ford) Gt Block and six speed, **** it and just buy a built rearend. Plus you will be saving a shit load of money over the mustang GT.

Trust me if i could have done it that way in the first place i would.

Just my $0.02,
    Kyle

Oh, and one last thing. **** THE 2.4L!!!!!!!!!!!! Way not worth it! Bang vs buck your better off with a 2.3 or a single turbo. The 2.4L isnt worth doing it unless your running 25+ boost. Even then ....UM BELTSLIP. There is alwasys the cog drive option but then add some more cash. I would say go with a 80+ single Turbo and have some fun. The kenny will just get you pissed off.

Gold Award 
    Kyle feels about the same as I do on this.

Most important point: Don't waste time buying a GT. Get a V6 (ideally with a blown engine or something like that) and drop in w/e powerplant you want to.

Who cares buy something already I ****ing dont care if it is a Yugo just buy something

is my banner done yet ?????? if not let me know because I will be forced to advertize on other boards

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Who cares buy something already I ****ing dont care if it is a Yugo just buy something

is my banner done yet ?????? if not let me know because I will be forced to advertize on other boards
    I would by something already, but my credit isn't ****ing grade A perfect like most peoples. My wife and I just bought an 05 Altima for her that required $2000 ****ing down. Her having a vehicle is much more important than me having one at the moment.

And yes, your banner is done. Dont have a fit over it because your getting it for free and your advertising on this site is all going to be free for now. I have my own biz too as do you. You seem pretty busy with it as I am with mine. It'll be on here sometime this weekend.

FWIW, the reason for our credit problems is all do to when I lost my job in Indiana. I havent been able to buy(until April 11th) because we have been in CH7 Bankruptcy in Indiana. Its not something Im really proud of, but shit happens. It was discharged this past Tuesday and we went and got the Altima. I dont think I need to explain anything any further. I will get a car when I get a good deal. Its not like Im desperate for one being that I do all the work with my biz at night and watch my daughter during the day.

Anyways, I was thinking that maybe I should look into a six cylinder. How much diffrence is there between the interior of the GT and a six? I may stop and look at a dealership later.

2005 Mustang GT-318rwhp

Relax I just want you to buy a car taht way you participate in mpore events. as for the banner thank you and i will pay for it as i have already stated before you started on it. I dont expect anything for free.

thanks Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Radeon
    I would by something already, but my credit isn't ****ing grade A perfect like most peoples. My wife and I just bought an 05 Altima for her that required $2000 ****ing down. Her having a vehicle is much more important than me having one at the moment.

And yes, your banner is done. Dont have a fit over it because your getting it for free and your advertising on this site is all going to be free for now. I have my own biz too as do you. You seem pretty busy with it as I am with mine. It'll be on here sometime this weekend.

FWIW, the reason for our credit problems is all do to when I lost my job in Indiana. I havent been able to buy(until April 11th) because we have been in CH7 Bankruptcy in Indiana. Its not something Im really proud of, but shit happens. It was discharged this past Tuesday and we went and got the Altima. I dont think I need to explain anything any further. I will get a car when I get a good deal. Its not like Im desperate for one being that I do all the work with my biz at night and watch my daughter during the day.

Anyways, I was thinking that maybe I should look into a six cylinder. How much diffrence is there between the interior of the GT and a six? I may stop and look at a dealership later.
    Don't kill yourself financially over a car. Get what you can afford. Before you do anything build a rainy day bank account and get the credit rating back up. I new car is always nice, but you can go dam fast in an older mustang also. There are lots of options in the mustang world. I wish I still had my 90 LX. I had about 18K total into the car and it ran 11.40's You don't have to explain anything. Shit happens financially learn from it and press on in your quest for horse power.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Gold Award 
    i would save the money and get a GT with a saleen blower. get some 39# inj. from a cobra and a SCT MAF, Tuner, exhaust and call is a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucafu1
    i would save the money and get a GT with a saleen blower. get some 39# inj. from a cobra and a SCT MAF, Tuner, exhaust and call is a day.
    Im going to get a 05 V6 premium and get the 5.4 alum block and the GT heads. I dont even know if this kind of conversion has been done before. Im sure it will be alot of work, but in the end I'll have exactly what I want. I can get a six for 17-20K. The cheapest GT I've seen around is around 26K. The diffrence can buy the engine, trans, and rear that I want.

2005 Mustang GT-318rwhp