Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Clear Bra Film

New Clear Bra Film

The Open House at SmartShield on Friday was very interesting. Xpel technologies were there to introduce all the Phoenix area clear bra companies to their new "Premium" Paint Protection Film. The film looks absolutely amazing! It is as smooth and clear as glass. All other clear bra film has a slight "Orange peel" effect to it. This is a result of the backing paper. Paper is not completely smooth and the film takes on the characteristics of whatever you lay it on. So Xpel came up with the great idea of laying the film on a completely smooth plastic instead. The result is stunning. We installed it on a black Infinity G35 and I will have the photos up soon. We also went next door to Inyati Sprayed In Bedliners and one of the bedliner customers was lucky enough to get a free install on the front end of his truck!
    Smartshield, as far as I know, will be the first and only company in Arizona to carry the new film, you heard it here first folks;)

Platinum Award 
    That's great is there a application for 89 Mustang GT??? I want it now on my black 89!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Unfortunately the pre-cut kits for Mustangs only start at 1994. It can still be done by free hand, but that tends to get a little pricey as it takes the better part of a day to do the work. My installer did a custom bumper on a 350Z a couple of Fridays ago. It took 6 hours and cost about $900, in the regular film. But the customer was so impressed he's bringing in his Escalade with a custom bumper as well.

Gold Award 
    The guy that did mine spent 5 hours....

Platinum Award 

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by tim@smartshield View Post
    Unfortunately the pre-cut kits for Mustangs only start at 1994. It can still be done by free hand, but that tends to get a little pricey as it takes the better part of a day to do the work. My installer did a custom bumper on a 350Z a couple of Fridays ago. It took 6 hours and cost about $900, in the regular film. But the customer was so impressed he's bringing in his Escalade with a custom bumper as well.
    WOW !!! 900 for JUST the bumper ??!!!

This guy's car looked like it was straight out of "The Fast and the Furious". This bumper was about 30 sqaure feet, but there was a huge amount of wasted film as there were huge sections of mesh in the middle.

Gold Award 
    He must of done more then just the bumper to use 30 square feet.. I bet he ran the material 18-24" up the hood too.

I'm trying to upload the picture of the G35, lets see if this works:)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

There it is! Yes, this is a picture taken after the install. Look on the hood at the reflection of the building, can you see the difference?

How much for a 2003 Lightning?,just curious.Thanks,Joe