Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Run This Year??

or i also like the wickenberg thought but small town nice for a day show though. cooler weather.

Right now i am thinking of an all car cruise with toys to wickenburg. have everyone meet here somewhere in the morning (91st and northern?), have coffee and BS, then everyone head out at the same time toward Wickenburg. Im thinking of contacting the fire dept out there and see what kind of toy drive they are involved in and meeting up with them somehow. I would like to include all cars and try and get everyone that comes to the 91st ave cruise involved at least. Thats where my idea ends at this point. lol.

Okay FYI...the long time car club "Remember When" has had a "Toys for Tots" cruise to Wickenburg for as long as I can remember. Now "Remember When" was just forced to close their club down. Is there a new club forming within them? I think we owe a certain amount of respect to them to follow that up.

I have emailed them tonight to see if they are still doing it. If they are I really think we respect and suppor their toy drive. If that is the case...maybe we make our cruise spot a toy raising place???

Just my opinion.

I will check into the "remember when" club situation. I think even if they are doing one, as long as we dont do it the same day, it should be ok anyway but i will check into it to make sure. I was thinking of having our cruise spot be a toy raising place for the month of November at a minimum and collect as many donations as we can. If we get boxes and signs, we can get donations from people going in and out from Target as they drive through. The advantage of a car toy run VS a motorcycle toy run... TRUNKS! LOL. We can carry a lot more.

true true. didnt even occure to me. and if you make a sign saying mustangs toy drive and have the sign pointing from target to the show you will have people that will come out with a toy. make sure you say who it is going to though.