Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Senior Member Radeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    313

    Wishing in one hand and sh*ting in the other....

    When I get my cobra and put an kenne bell on it, what all will it take to have 700rwhp? I would run at least 100 octane.
    Future 2008 Shelby GT 500 owner

    2005 Mustang GT-318rwhp
    JLT Intake, Pullies, axleback, SCT w/ bamachips 93 octane race tune.--Gone

    2005 Chevy Tahoe-5.3L 295hp

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    949
    I personaly am not impressed with the KB dont get me wrong I would take one if it were given to me but I woundnt waist the money. my stock blower works just fine. I have walked many KB cars so IMO they are a waist andyou will not see a true 700 hp on a mustang dyno only a dyno jet I dyno almost that with my stock set up

  3. #3
    Senior Member 50 BMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    770
    Gold Award 
    The best (meaning safest) way to get 700 rwhp on a KB is to run 17-19 PSI, then spray a 75 shot (or whatever you need) to get where you want to be. Don't concentrate so much on the rwhp as the torque...a forced induction car on the sauce = massive torque

    The question will be how long the pistons last...there is very little piston to wall clearance on the stock shortblock (.001 inch). With the type of heat these cars have it's a wonder Ford got away with it; it works fine for a stock boost car but when you force than much pressure/heat on the pistons it will scour the piston wall pretty quick. 7 and 8 are the worst, they run about 20 degrees hotter than all the other pistons.

    Ask akuma, he did it on a KB at 13 PSI in under 1000 miles. But, he is kinda stupid too though (he knows what I mean).

    Heat destroys these cars, and if you want any type of longevity from a car at 15 PSI or more you will need to take steps to do so and above all drive smartly. And don't even **** around with the tune...you can ask just about any 03/04 owner about that. Most of us go through multiple tunes till we find whats right with us.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Gene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,224
    Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I personaly am not impressed with the KB dont get me wrong I would take one if it were given to me but I woundnt waist the money. my stock blower works just fine. I have walked many KB cars so IMO they are a waist andyou will not see a true 700 hp on a mustang dyno only a dyno jet I dyno almost that with my stock set up
    I disagree. It is a fact that a twinscrew will outperform an eaton anyday. They are more effcient period. Although, most people that have a KB do not buy supporting mods such as larger injectors, aftermarket maf, BAP, and a good tune. Same pulley ratio, a KB or Whipple car will put down more power period. Also, your fuel system will be pretty taxed at 700RWHP. Your Fuel Pump Duety Cycle will be maxed withought an upgrade to your lines from the engine to the hat assembly. I will be going with a JDM or a HBH set up shortly since my injectors are trying to compensate for my maxed out pumps. I will aslo be sending my FPDM to www.mafterburner.com and having it modified.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 BMG
    Ask akuma, he did it on a KB at 13 PSI in under 1000 miles. But, he is kinda stupid too though (he knows what I mean).


    Heat destroys these cars, .

    All I have to say is cool it before you do anyother mod.

    Any for what Gene said about the 700rwhp being he max on the fuel system. I would like to say he is a little off. Its more like 625-650rwph. I like to keep it safe because you start running into a "starving system" at around 675-700.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Radeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    313
    Hey Gene! I need to go for a ride in a kenne bell Cobra.... *hint, hint...
    Future 2008 Shelby GT 500 owner

    2005 Mustang GT-318rwhp
    JLT Intake, Pullies, axleback, SCT w/ bamachips 93 octane race tune.--Gone

    2005 Chevy Tahoe-5.3L 295hp

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Gene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,224
    Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuma
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 BMG
    Ask akuma, he did it on a KB at 13 PSI in under 1000 miles. But, he is kinda stupid too though (he knows what I mean).


    Heat destroys these cars, .

    All I have to say is cool it before you do anyother mod.

    Any for what Gene said about the 700rwhp being he max on the fuel system. I would like to say he is a little off. Its more like 625-650rwph. I like to keep it safe because you start running into a "starving system" at around 675-700.
    LOL! I didn't say "maxed" I said "taxed". His FPDM will go into thermal shut down around 650-700 RWHP. Although, I have proof of a certain 700+ RWHP KB car with the fuel upgrades mentioned in my last post that is at 90% Fuel Pump Duty Cycle. 8)

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Gene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,224
    Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by rmkcleaning
    Hey Gene! I need to go for a ride in a kenne bell Cobra.... *hint, hint...
    No problem Ryan. Its even crazier with the sauce. Better bring a change of pants.

  9. #9
    Senior Member 50 BMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    770
    Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by rmkcleaning
    Hey Gene! I need to go for a ride in a kenne bell Cobra.... *hint, hint...
    We have just about every configuration of 03/04 cobra here in Phoenix right now, already registered on this board.

    Get plenty of rides and you'll know what you want.



    The only way I'm unimpressed with the twin screws is for the gains they provide over the latest steigemeier port for the big $$$ outlay the KB/whipple costs.

    That being said, I'm buying a whipple for other reasons, mainly: 1) Matching my boost delivery to my aftermarket cams. 2) lowering the IAT2 temps.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    949
    the kb is a nice piece, but I hardly see the worth of the unit and a 100 shot when it has a hard time pulling a stock blower car with a lil n02 I know this and have it on video (Akuma was the chase car) I'm not saying that it is a worthless mod what I am saying is that you are booted from the track at 11:50s so what is the point when a stock blower car with a pulley, exhaust and a lil n02 will throw you well below that time frame. and with the cost of that unit one could go to a turbo for about the same cost and then spend there money in other needed areas like the POS trans


    just my .02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •