Thread: Need advice

Silver Award 

Need advice

I had my 07 stock Mustang GT non supercharged tuned with an SCT tune. I noticed on the Rock n Roll Prescott run that I had a major loss in power due to the altitude. Im going on the Colorado trip next week and figure the altitude there will be much higher than Prescott. Is there anything anyone recommends I can do with my SCT tuner to improve that power loss in altitude situations?

Im really a rookie when it comes to these computerized cars.

Platinum Award 
    the loss in power is from less oxygen per cubic foot, dont think there is a whole lot you can do with the tuner to make up for it. if there was, density altitude wouldnt matter so much :)
    2005 v6 redfire mustang. yup its slow.
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph

wizwrath
    If you go with a really good air intake kit and exhaust system and retune it should help ( for minimal investment ), you may also want to go with some gears (also with the retune).

Quote Originally Posted by fazm View Post
    the loss in power is from less oxygen per cubic foot, dont think there is a whole lot you can do with the tuner to make up for it. if there was, density altitude wouldnt matter so much :)
    x2 nothing you can really do about it. If you see a high 12 sec car in colorado you know its a quick car