Thread: Do I need a tune?

machgirl

Do I need a tune?

I am planning to install a 3/8" intake spacer and a CAI kit onto my mach 1 soon, do I need to have it tuned? If so, what kind of tuner do I need?

Quote Originally Posted by machgirl View Post
    I am planning to install a 3/8" intake spacer and a CAI kit onto my mach 1 soon, do I need to have it tuned? If so, what kind of tuner do I need?
    You should be OK. I installed a PHP intake spacer, and C&L CAI kit on my Car, it stalled out at the end of freeway off ramps a couple times, untill it retuned itself. One quick way of letting it retune, is to disconnect the battery for a couple minutes, so it looses the tune in the computer, reconnect the battery and it will start to "relearn" itself, as you drive.

machgirl
    Ok, yeah I'm not doing major mods right now, just the spacer and C&L CAI. Thanks!

yep comp. should make adj. for those small mods

DannyStyle22
    Quote Originally Posted by machgirl View Post
    Ok, yeah I'm not doing major mods right now, just the spacer and C&L CAI. Thanks!
    You should be fine... But if you want to be extra cautious you can go to a open dyno and run it just to check the a/f. But as everyone previously stated you should be fine.