Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Official Solid Axle Thread

i think you can throw a solid 1000 hp with my setup! wish i had that much

Id say, stay with the IRS. 1.5's are more then possible and a few have done them. Best 60' id ever seen on a Mustang was 1.3's but he is on ET DRAGS and spraying his NA Cobra Block with a 125 shot...also dialing in the rear suspension takes alot of work / not some thing just happens in 1 night of TNT.

Best DOT tires are MT ET Street.

M/T ET Street

The Good
    No Wheel Hop after a burnout or even a short burnout. Gets very sticky by the 20th run. Gets good bite on a non prepped track, but not as good as the ET DRAGS. Best runs have always been on ET Street.

The Bad
    70 ~ 75th run, 60's start rising and rising...90th run, forget it. Also there is a nasty sway the faster you and if you trap beyond 110mph, you should feel the sway by the 660'. Some cant get used to it and some just get the hang of it.

VS

M/T Drag Radial

The Good
    Last alot longer then any BFG's, but it may grip just as good. 60's are still good even on it's last leg and feels very solid.

The Bad
    Still can produce wheel hop

15, 16 or 17" tires do not matter on the ET Street for me. Had enough set of them try out and they all netted me around the same PB on 60's.

Bump for more solid info.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

I have a 99 GT rearend, with welded tubes, running a Detroit Locker with 3.73 gears and 31 spline Moser axles. It still uses c-clips and the stock 99 GT brakes and springs. Upper control arms are UPR non-adjustable chromoly, with custom aluminum bushings replacing the poly bushings. Uses stock Ford bushings in the "ears" for the upper arm rear connection (worked better than the spherical setup, for me). Lower control arms are UPR non-adjustable square-tube aluminum bars with custom aluminum bushings replacing the poly bushings. Lower arms tied together with the stock 99 GT sway bar. A UPR anti-roll bar is used, along with Lakewood 50/50 rear shocks. Upper and lower torque boxes have been welded, and UMI upper and lower bolt-in strengthening kits are added. 28x10.5x15 ET Drags with stiff wall are used.
    Up front, just as important for weight transfer, a UPR chromoly K member and tubular lower A-arms are used with UPR coilover setups on Lakewood 90/10s, and UPR caster/camber plates.
    Has put down 1.36 - 1.37 60 ft times with the T56 6-spd and Ram Long-style adjustable clutch setup.
    James
    '03 Sonic Blue Cobra
    Stock color !
    9.89 at 138 mph 10-13-06
    Mid-life crisis management !

Thanks for the info!
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5