Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with exhaust!

impacts are for sissy- la la's!

Quote Originally Posted by ASUSMC View Post
    Most impacts are adjustable so that makes that easier. Plus its WAY faster
    true true. way faster but i just never thought that would be a good way to do it but i guess in a sense it would work nice. could you possible take the spark plug sockets and do that with the plugs? because then it would not only be quick but you would have to worry about sugging them in

Platinum Award 
    No dont use a Impact on the spark plugs, thats a completely different deal. Especially if you have aluminum heads. The Impact gun should only be used during certain maintenance procedures, as it can do more harm than good in the wrong hands...but if you know how to use the tool as it was intended it will make your exhaust swap much easier.

I know on my cars the header to h/x-pipe took some serious tq to seal up and be leak free. I would bang them down with the Impact on tilt!

The exhaust is the only thing I use a Impact for during installation, 99.9% of the time i use mine during removal procedures.

Well except when Burntire and I work on his car, he uses the Impact for everything even his tire valve stem.

Hope this helps some

Chris
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org

hmm cool deal never knew. would you use it for a tire? lug nuts? use and impact over an air drill?

Platinum Award 
    Oh yeah and that to!
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org