Thread: Header bolt ??

Header bolt ??

Will be installing my new LT headers this weekend () and am wondering if i should use some FMS stage 8 locking bolts? I have found a set for $45 plus shipping. The LT's are MAC with the individual style flange, not solid like BBK. I have read others just use stock type grade 8 non locking bolts and retorque them after a couple heat cycles and they are fine. My thing is I am switching to the LT's because my shorty headers are consistently leaking and I can't stand that sound. So I don't mind spending some extra coin if it will help in the end.

Your thoughts are appreciated!!!
    306 stuffed with ARP bolts, C&L elbow, BBK 70mm TB, 24lbs, typhoon w/1"spacer, Al radiator, F cam, Pro Form 1.6 RR, MAC long tubes, offroad H, 40 series Flows, TKO500, Steeda clutch quad, Hurst shifter, King Cobra clutch, 3:73 gears, poly motor mounts, 17" Repop Cobra R's with shit tires.

Yes get locking bolts and use steel header gaskets or copper I just have never used copper. There is a company making the steel gaskets for the Windsor cant remember whom. Make sure whatever header you get has thick flanges so they will not warp.

I had mac 1 5/8 lt headers on my fox and just used the studs and bolts they sent with. Never had any problems or annoying exhaust leaks.

I prefer using studs and a lock washer under the nut with LT's myself, they won't come undone. Also makes mounting them easier. This applies to the BBK LT's with a solid one piece flange anyway. Should work the same with the MAC's. Just remember to use a Thread Sealant(not to be confused with a thread lock compound) with the studs so they don't seize in the head in case they ever need to be removed.
    The Pony Car Wars are over... The Mustang Won