Thread: Pics of 6# ring, SFI balancer and more installed

Pics of 6# ring, SFI balancer and more installed

I took some pics of my new 8 rib pulley setup. I now have an Innovators West SFI Balancer-adapter, Metco 6# ring, Metco adjustable lower idler setup, Metco tensioner cage (from 10-rib kit), 4" pulley who knows where Lou got for a rebuilt alternator I got cheap from Steve at Tousley, Gaterback 4080825 belt, MotorBlows idlers with upgraded Timkin single sealed bearings and A/C delete for good measure. That spins a OEM type 2.80 upper that I probably will switch to a 2.93 gripper style, if slip is a problem at 16 lbs.

Lou from LMM's best guess belt seems to be pretty damn close and should even take the 2.9 upper with room. Thinking about going to the Reichard double bearing idlers while I'm in there for good measure, anything that might keep that 7 foot belt from flying off and wrecking $h!t at the track.

Things eyed up good and I took a little movie of it right after I started it up and idled it with only headers.
    >> newpulleySetup short movie << :pop:

At first glance it looked good but when I shut it off, the belt was just up a hair on the front lip of the crank pulley, but it seems like it was like that in the movie. I hadn't tightened up the adjustable idler, so the closest one was flopping around and I might not have even put it on straight in a hurry to hear it run. The belt seems too loose still but there is more adjustment so I'm going to have to play around with it some more and make sure the belt tracks at idle before I start wailing it. The changes opened up the front of the block so things are easily seen from below now but the reach up to stubby wrench that Metco adjuster is a bit of a t!t twister, but no complaints. I didn't really have a dampener "press" tool, so a bolt with various washers had to fill in, a standard puller worked fine, once I dug out that washer gooped in there behind the balancer bolt, heh I only wasted 30 min figuring that out.

here are pics of the Metco tensioner cage

here are pics of the Metco tensioner cage:

Setup looks nice.
    Looks like the inner belt is a little more accessible now also.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5