Thread: Any former smokers?

Any former smokers?

I've had this nasty habit for the past 10 years. Anybody had any luck quiting? What are your secrets? I figure if I quit smoking, that will be an extra $40 a week I'll be able to spend on my cobra. Although, if I do quit, I may gain 50lbs and that wont be very good for my cobra's performance.

:lol:

Gold Award 
    Well when you figure out the magic trick I'll have you do a sit down with my wife cause I'm tired of it...

Im in the process of trying to quit. Its hard though. Especially when all my friends smoke. I was out it Gilbert in July and cigarettes are so much more expensive there than here in Indiana. There the price was alittle over $5 for a pack. Here, there only $3 a pack. Gets expensive fast...lol
    Future 2008 Shelby GT 500 owner

2005 Mustang GT-318rwhp
    JLT Intake, Pullies, axleback, SCT w/ bamachips 93 octane race tune.--Gone

2005 Chevy Tahoe-5.3L 295hp

I stopped (never say quit) about 10 years ago. I was doing 3 packs a day and stopped cold turkey. I carried a small super-ball around with me all the time. Gave me something to bounce when I was edgy. I made it and so could you. I had something that was more important than smoking keeping me on track. Ya, I did gain weight but with the money you save you can add more power to the car to compensate!

Good luck to all trying to quit (errr - STOP). It's not easy but really, I do feel better.

Jim
    2SSSLOW

I actual just stopped after 10 years cold I was tired of not tasting my food. not to mention smelling like a trash can around other people. just stop and chew that dentine Ice the black package that way when you lite up it tast like crap you will stop. if you need other advise let me know it has been 8 months since i have had a cig. and i dont rave one any more take it one day at a time if you feel the need to light up then chew dentine ice

Thanks for the advice Dan. As soon as my carton is gone, Im gonna give it a go! Wish me luck.
    Future 2008 Shelby GT 500 owner

2005 Mustang GT-318rwhp
    JLT Intake, Pullies, axleback, SCT w/ bamachips 93 octane race tune.--Gone

2005 Chevy Tahoe-5.3L 295hp