Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2003/2004 Mustang Cobra Turbo 400 / TH-400 Swap / Conversion

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    gonna have to disagree a little on this one.... i have a stack of slips in my car, and your the last one to have the tranny out.
    Add 100+ more HP and Torque then report back to me how reliable and consistent your stick car is.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    Add 100+ more HP and Torque then report back to me how reliable and consistent your stick car is.
    nah. i am all good. i like being able to drive it and not just look at it on jackstands. plus bracket racing and being consistant is fun.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

gonna have to disagree a little on this one.... i have a stack of slips in my car, and your the last one to have the tranny out.
    Lol yeah, but I upgraded everything for you already ;)

Also I was WOT on the second yellow and in the kit before I could grab the shifter handle, let me drive it like I used to and lets see if you dont grind your teeth when I launch it. Parts will break.

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandbaggersteve View Post
    Lol yeah, but I upgraded everything for you already ;)

Also I was WOT on the second yellow and in the kit before I could grab the shifter handle, let me drive it like I used to and lets see if you dont grind your teeth when I launch it. Parts will break.
    haha. yeah, no doubt. gonna see what happens when i get some new tires on it.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

No mid plate, Rossler trans and used the stock T-56 cross member, didnt have to change anything other than drill a hole for the mount and a few washers as shims. Had a guy we know at Arizona concepts built the driveshaft and it was done and on the road in less than a day. Pretty easy swap honestly.

Some of these people dont understand that when you can leave on boost it helps you get to the other end that much faster. ;)

haha. yeah, no doubt. gonna see what happens when i get some new tires on it.
    Right on man, best of luck to ya.

Oh and hey, they need another service advisor or parts counter person yet??

Gold Award 
    i wish we were that busy honestly! i'll let you know if anything opens up though.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbaggersteve View Post
    No mid plate, Rossler trans and used the stock T-56 cross member, didnt have to change anything other than drill a hole for the mount and a few washers as shims. Had a guy we know at Arizona concepts built the driveshaft and it was done and on the road in less than a day. Pretty easy swap honestly.

Some of these people dont understand that when you can leave on boost it helps you get to the other end that much faster. ;)
    So what was the converter spacing prior to the failure?
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Dont know if it was that or the lentech AOD and the ultimate converter that ballooned causing the problem just to have the th400 push it to it's end as 20 pounds of boost tend to show the weak spots quick like. Also there was heavy metal debris in the first lof that signify the thrust bearing was being pushed up against the main but we thought it was just break in debri so nothing was thought of it.

When the 400 was installed there was about 1/8th of an inch, personally I think the ultimate converter balloned and cause the start of the problem, the th400 ended it.

Nothing like having a 1 of few 5.4, Y2k, th400 having 03 cobra's ;)