Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pavilion's...

Pavilion's...

Do any of you CMC Members go to the Pavilions Car Show on Saturday nights? It is held at McDonald's near Indian Bend Road & the 101 Loop East.

Also, is my being on this forum membership in the CMC or do I need to apply elswhere?

Later...
    Jim Petersen, Director
    Arizona Mustang Car Club [AZMCC]
    Scottsdale, Arizona USA
    Cell Phone: 480.415.4056
    E-Mail: azmcc@cox.net

Quote Originally Posted by unclejim
    Do any of you CMC Members go to the Pavilions Car Show on Saturday nights? It is held at McDonald's near Indian Bend Road & the 101 Loop East.

Also, is my being on this forum membership in the CMC or do I need to apply elswhere?

Later...
    The club homepage is http://www.copperstatemustangclub.com/
    Being on this forum is not automatic membership.
    You can download an application there. They have about 450 members from classics owners to the latest and greatest mustangs.
    Yes some of their members go to the Pavilions.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Platinum Award 
    Uncle Jim, Like Burn Tire said we do have a group that goes quite often but not as many when its 105 at 8pm and we do have several events that end up at pavillions. Later and hope to see you!!

I have a question to people who have gone oout to the Pavillions. My father went one weekend without me after not going out there for many years and was turned away at the car show by two people waiting at the entrances of the parking lot and told him his car was not top quality so he couldnt be in the car show, his car isnt a hundred thousand dollar car but it is of good quality just has a few minor things to adjust. Now where does it say your car has to be top quality to be in a show where people just come to hang out and look at each others cars. There is no charge entering or anything, just come hang out. My family members and friends have decided never to return to the pavillions because of this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstanggt500 View Post
    I have a question to people who have gone oout to the Pavillions. My father went one weekend without me after not going out there for many years and was turned away at the car show by two people waiting at the entrances of the parking lot and told him his car was not top quality so he couldnt be in the car show, his car isnt a hundred thousand dollar car but it is of good quality just has a few minor things to adjust. Now where does it say your car has to be top quality to be in a show where people just come to hang out and look at each others cars. There is no charge entering or anything, just come hang out. My family members and friends have decided never to return to the pavillions because of this incident.

I never heard of anything like this happening.
    What kind of car does he have?
    What section was he trying to go into?
    You go always park in the rear section " Where all the mustangs park" if they don't let you into one of the front sections.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

He drives a blue 1963 Plymouth Savoy. He was just showing up and going to find a spot to go to, like I said he hadnt been there in years so he decided to go there for old times sake. We go to the one on 83rd Ave and Beardsley on Saturday nights now, and sometimes to the one on 35th ave and Northern on Friday nights. I am getting ready to take my car out there with him also.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstanggt500 View Post
    He drives a blue 1963 Plymouth Savoy. He was just showing up and going to find a spot to go to, like I said he hadnt been there in years so he decided to go there for old times sake. We go to the one on 83rd Ave and Beardsley on Saturday nights now, and sometimes to the one on 35th ave and Northern on Friday nights. I am getting ready to take my car out there with him also.
    Upload some pictures to the gallery if you have any.

I dont have any pictures of the cars yet, but I will be soon.

Platinum Award 
    The spots in the main lot west of McDonals is reserved at times to car/club nights, I know one night I parker my 2000Gt in with the "vintage" cars and they made me move. There is a guy that walks around "Little NAZI" who looks for stuff like this. We even had to alter our flyers that did not include a saturday night event that would "conflict" with their show! I don't care what kind of car or what shape its in, you should be able to park your car. Friends can reserve spots until 4pm I think but its getting to the point of insanity. I really like going but the next time this guy pushes my button he goin to get a PIttsburgh Italian Special.

A guy my dad grew up with we found out from last weekend that he had taken his 71 Mach 1 Mustang there one night and he had two guys come over and start yelling at him for parking in the Corvette section, he told them there was no signs and they said they havent gotten any yet. They threatened to tow his car if he didnt move it, it almost got physical and a security guard from the Mcdonalds asked him calmly to move his car, he decided to just never go there again. I have been hearing nothing but bad reports about the people over there. It seems like its turning into a bunch of snobs who think they are the best.