Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I know I shouldn't have voted for McCain

Every Senator that's been in office more than 10 years needs to step down. It was not meant to be a career job. Its sickening that there have been 85 people in office for longer than 35 years, 11 of which are still in that seat

Robert Byrd, John Dingell, Daniel Inouye, Ted Kennedy, John Conyers, Dave Obey, Charles B. Rangel, Bill Young, Thad Cochran, Pete Stark, and Don Young.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ity_of_service

Quote Originally Posted by Jacostang View Post
    John Thune is the guy you should hear and elect!!! Just one more and term limits in the senate and congress!!! Now!!!

http://www.johnthune.com/
    Dont see his stance on issues on that site, any other links?
    04 Screaming Yellow Cobra 463rwhp/456tq
    74 Bronco 302/C4

Funny to still see people supporting Obama like he's the hometown team. He has devastated this country with debt, he is proposing a health care bill that could bring our top notch health care to its knees, and when he tackles social security next year, we are all SCREWED. Can't wait to see how they are going to pay for that. Let me rephrase...Can't wait to see what they will tax to pay for that.
    1998 White GT - Cobra 13" brakes....thats all for now....

I wouldn't consider a health care system ranked 37th as top notch.

"The U.S. health system spends a higher portion of its gross domestic product than any other country but ranks 37 out of 191 countries according to its performance, the report finds. The United Kingdom, which spends just six percent of GDP on health services, ranks 18 th . Several small countries – San Marino, Andorra, Malta and Singapore are rated close behind second- placed Italy."

Source World Health Organization, June 21st

WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I am talking about quality of care. None is better than the US.

"The U.S. health system spends a higher portion of its gross domestic product than any other country but ranks 37 out of 191 countries according to its performance" There can be so many meaningless factors coming into that equation that we cant just assume we rank 37th based on what someone tells us. I know the quality that people in Canada receive, the waiting lists for surgery, the denial of treatment. That is also happening in the UK, where magically they rank above us. So, to me, its a garbage ranking system.
    1998 White GT - Cobra 13" brakes....thats all for now....

Deleted........
    Last edited by hpmotzd; 08-06-09 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill@PSR View Post
    Hmmmmm....................do you EVER hear of people world wide going to those countries for healthcare or ground breaking proceedures?

I DIDN"T THINK SO!
    After your wife is laying in a hospital awaiting a lifesaving surgery and the doctor comes in and tells you that the insurance comapny wont cover it and its going to cost you upwards of 250,000, let me know how you feel about the health care system then. Yes, it happened to us.
    Last edited by hpmotzd; 08-06-09 at 09:03 AM.

Thats an unfortunate case and im sorry to hear it but what was needed to be done and why wouldnt they cover it?
    04 Screaming Yellow Cobra 463rwhp/456tq
    74 Bronco 302/C4

Quote Originally Posted by 98WhiteSteed View Post
    I am talking about quality of care. None is better than the US.

"The U.S. health system spends a higher portion of its gross domestic product than any other country but ranks 37 out of 191 countries according to its performance" There can be so many meaningless factors coming into that equation that we cant just assume we rank 37th based on what someone tells us. I know the quality that people in Canada receive, the waiting lists for surgery, the denial of treatment. That is also happening in the UK, where magically they rank above us. So, to me, its a garbage ranking system.
    If you read the entire report the US was 47th overall in quality of care.

Quote Originally Posted by hpmotzd View Post
    After your wife is laying in a hospital awaiting a lifesaving surgery and the doctor comes in and tells you that the insurance comapny wont cover it and its going to cost you upwards of 250,000, let me know how you feel about the health care system then. Yes, it happened to us.
    Thank God she's alive.
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ