Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I know I shouldn't have voted for McCain

I know I shouldn't have voted for McCain

This is difficult for me to admit but, admit it I have to: my liberal friends were right.

They told me if I voted for McCain, the nation's Hope would deteriorate, and sure enough there has been a 20 point drop in the Consumer Confidence Index since the election, reaching a lower point than any time during the Bush administration.

They told me if I voted for McCain, the US would become more deeply embroiled in the Middle East, and sure enough, tens of thousands of additional troops are scheduled to be deployed into Afghanistan ...

They told me if I voted for McCain, that the economy would get worse, and sure enough unemployment is approaching 10% and the new stimulus packages recently sent the stock market lower than at any time since 9-11.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "crooks" in high ranking positions in Federal government and sure enough, several recent cabinet nominees and Senate appointments revealed resumes of scandal, bribery and tax fraud.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "Pork at the trough" in Federal government and sure enough, 17,500 "Pork Bills" showed up in Congress in just three weeks.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more deficit spending in D.C. and sure enough, Obama spent more in just 30 days than all other Presidents together in the history of the good 'ole USA. A 3.8 trillion dollar budget, with a 900 million dollar per day interest on this current debt.

Well I ignored my Democrat friends in November and voted for McCain.

And they were right. All of their predictions have come true!
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I knew that there was one person that messed it up for the rest of us, it's about time that you came forward!! I also must have messed up.

Gold Award 
    -->Nice cut n paste from Rush's website and two other far right blogs....

They told me if I voted for McCain, the nation's Hope would deteriorate, and sure enough there has been a 20 point drop in the Consumer Confidence Index since the election, reaching a lower point than any time during the Bush administration.

-->Consumer Confidence Index was at 38% in Oct, 2008 and today it's at 49.3% after a small drop. Check your facts.

They told me if I voted for McCain, the US would become more deeply embroiled in the Middle East, and sure enough, tens of thousands of additional troops are scheduled to be deployed into Afghanistan ...

-->Interesting statement while as I write this there are troop withdrawals happening in Iraq and troops are expected to pull out of Iraq by August 2010 and a complete withdrawal is planned by the end of 2011. I heard Rush is telling everyone that the new 22,000 troops Gates what's are all going to Iraq.... Total BS

They told me if I voted for McCain, that the economy would get worse, and sure enough unemployment is approaching 10% and the new stimulus packages recently sent the stock market lower than at any time since 9-11.

-->Once again...total BS.. The stock market hit it's highest point today since Jan 1st of this year. Will it stay, no one knows. And on who's watch did the market fall, certainly not BO's. And anyone that's taken a basic economics class understands lag times. The stimulus package was designed to start working after 6 months, not immediately, and last for 24 months. This has been said over and over again, but you'll never hear that on AM radio. I also seem to remember at least 16 times the president saying things will get worse before they get better and that things will not get beter for at least 12-24 months but once again you'll never hear that on AM radio or Faux News.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "crooks" in high ranking positions in Federal government and sure enough, several recent cabinet nominees and Senate appointments revealed resumes of scandal, bribery and tax fraud.

-->Political crooks have been around for centuries. You're really digging deep for dirt now..kinda sound like Glen Beck crying session in a way..

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "Pork at the trough" in Federal government and sure enough, 17,500 "Pork Bills" showed up in Congress in just three weeks.

-->You should of just said you had sex with Cindy Crawford last night. Both statements are about as far from the truth as they get. There's no list or even one fact online that verifies that statement as true

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more deficit spending in D.C. and sure enough, Obama spent more in just 30 days than all other Presidents together in the history of the good 'ole USA. A 3.8 trillion dollar budget, with a 900 million dollar per day interest on this current debt.

-->I'm curious how much money you spend on your business years ago to get it jump started? Money needs to be spent in order to make money and get money flowing again. You're a business owner, you should understand that.

If McCain was running the show all his boys would have you believing in classical economics and let things just go their course.. That's old school thought. In days world and with the ecomony the way it is, Keynesian economics is the only answer to get things turned around in a short-run.

-->I'm not bashing on the OP.....they're just cuting and pasting this far right stuff....
    Last edited by HIKER; 07-23-09 at 11:22 PM.

Gold Award 
    McCains biggest mistake was crying for months on end about BO's inexperience. And then he goes out and brings Palin onboard. Talk about doing a 180. Funny how he never mentioned inexperience again once Palin was onboard....not once.

Ol' Johnny might of had a chance at living in the White House but America, well most, saw right through him.

BIG MISTAKE...

WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Platinum Award 
    Everyone is getting exactly what they wished for.. A weaker America... More taxes than our children will be able to handle.. Tax and spend tax and spend tax payers paying for all the people living off the government.. uh hem taxpayers....

Government is not the solution.. Government is the problem
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

I farted

2012 Race Red GT w/ a 5 Liter and a 6 speed
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T traded in.
    '03 DBS Cobra .... Traded in, THANK GOD
    '01 Ford Lightning.... Sold, sorely missed

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill@PSR View Post
    This is difficult for me to admit but, admit it I have to: my conservative friends were right.

They told me if I voted for Obama, the nation's Hope would deteriorate, and sure enough there has been a 20 point drop in the Consumer Confidence Index since the election, reaching a lower point than any time during the Bush administration.

They told me if I voted for Obama, the US would become more deeply embroiled in the Middle East, and sure enough, tens of thousands of additional troops are scheduled to be deployed into Afghanistan ...

They told me if I voted for Obama, that the economy would get worse, and sure enough unemployment is approaching 10% and the new stimulus packages recently sent the stock market lower than at any time since 9-11.

They told me if I voted for Obama, we would see more "crooks" in high ranking positions in Federal government and sure enough, several recent cabinet nominees and Senate appointments revealed resumes of scandal, bribery and tax fraud.

They told me if I voted for Obama, we would see more "Pork at the trough" in Federal government and sure enough, 17,500 "Pork Bills" showed up in Congress in just three weeks.

They told me if I voted for Obama, we would see more deficit spending in D.C. and sure enough, Obama spent more in just 30 days than all other Presidents together in the history of the good 'ole USA. A 3.8 trillion dollar budget, with a 900 million dollar per day interest on this current debt.

Well I ignored my Republican friends in November and voted for McCain.

And they were right. All of their predictions have come true!
    Works both ways doesn't it?

We have the chance to clean up AZ and the fact McCain has made it this far is beyond me. He must be signing up illegals to vote, because this state cant be this dumb to keep electing a man that follows 99% of the liberal tendencies. If Obama is not enough proof we need change locally then Im not sure anything will ever change. RIP America, unless we get some inexperienced new blood in office in the 2010 elections. Check out Jesse Kelly or Chris Simcox if youre interested
    04 Screaming Yellow Cobra 463rwhp/456tq
    74 Bronco 302/C4

Platinum Award 
    John Thune is the guy you should hear and elect!!! Just one more and term limits in the senate and congress!!! Now!!!

http://www.johnthune.com/
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"