Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HEATING QUESTION: Thermostat

Thanks El...

Bill you said a couple of things that clicked with me...I do have an AC condense up front tranny cooler is flat so that is not an issue. Too much antifreeze is a real possibility. Because of the leak I've been adding antifreeze straight and I am guessing my 60-65% is A LOT higher now. What % do you think?

The other things are okay...but thanks for those reminders.

Okay one more time. :) What size thermo would you run or would you not run one?

Silver Award 
    Another thing nobody mentioned, when was the last time you had your system flushed?

Quote Originally Posted by Blown66 View Post
    Thanks El...

Bill you said a couple of things that clicked with me...I do have an AC condense up front tranny cooler is flat so that is not an issue. Too much antifreeze is a real possibility. Because of the leak I've been adding antifreeze straight and I am guessing my 60-65% is A LOT higher now. What % do you think?

The other things are okay...but thanks for those reminders.

Okay one more time. :) What size thermo would you run or would you not run one?
    Since you want to drive it on the street, a stat is the best. If it was mainly a strip car with breif stints on the street, then a properly sized restrictor would be fine. The size would be base on the capacity of the coolant systemn, rate of coolant flow, rate of air flow and HP output.
    I would limit my anti-freeze to 30% to keel some boil over protection and corrosion protection and try a well known 160* stat to start off. If you take those measures and you still have over heating problems, the we need to look more closely in other areas. Remember, this is the internet. There is nothing like hands on and actually seeing, hearing and feeling what the car is actually doing. From what I've read from you here, that should get you in the ballpark, if not hit a home run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev'n Kevin View Post
    Another thing nobody mentioned, when was the last time you had your system flushed?
    Very good possibility!
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Long couple of weeks...sorry for the slow come back.

Thanks...I'll do that...getting some things chromed so I'm in no rush...actually not a choice. lol