60 88.24%
  • Sorry Not this time

8 11.76%
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: HPS Club Day at Speedworld 11-19-06

Quote Originally Posted by HOSTILE View Post
    I WILL BE THERE JEFF SO YOU BETTER BE READY LMFAO
    Hey Nick

I see you found the on button on your computer.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

i always knew where it was im just lazy man but yes i will be there i hope lol

13.99 or faster

Count me in! I guess I'll have to pick up a helmet based on these IHRA figures--don't want to spend $20 for a single run! I've never run the quarter before--on a real track that is, hehe, there's always the freeway ramps. I'm more of a road race fan than drag racing, because SCCA cars are more realistic. I was planning on attending the SCCA Solo event on Nov 11 at Firebird. Is this going on the same day?

Anyone who has an 05-07 GT should be doing high 13s with a stock 4.6 and decent reflexes, unless all the magazines are lying. It sounds like a blast with CMC members attending.

I'm eager to see what my car can do right now, basically stock. I'm sure the Hurst short-throw shifter will make a huge difference. The only other mods I've done is the after-cat Flowmasters and ram-air. I'll hold off on the CAI and tuner until the next event, for a comparison. :)
    C0braFan

Helmet

Please clarify: One of the first posts says you need a Snell 2000. Further down the NHRA and IHRA both says a Snell 95 is OK for a 11.5 or slower car. I have been running at Firebird with the 95 with only being warned that this helmet is no good NEXT year. If I don't have to get a new helmet before showing up, count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by nexusvox View Post
    Please clarify: One of the first posts says you need a Snell 2000. Further down the NHRA and IHRA both says a Snell 95 is OK for a 11.5 or slower car. I have been running at Firebird with the 95 with only being warned that this helmet is no good NEXT year. If I don't have to get a new helmet before showing up, count me in.
    You are correct your helmet is good until January 1.

If anyone is buying a new helmet for this event get a Snell 2005 and it will be good for 10 more years.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Speedworld

Just wanted to let you know, I plan on attending the Speedworld event. Finally got my WHIPPLE TWIN SCEW on, and Devin, and the rest of the crew at Performance Solutions, has it running great, now if I could just drive it, I'd be okay. Ran at Speedworld the other night for the first time, and clocked a 1.22 reaction time (Although not much of a reaction ) had no traction in second, and ran a 13.07, at 112mph. I look to improve that, but will need a shift light soon, to stay out of the rev limiter. For those who don't know my car, it's a 2006 vista blue GT, with 4:10 gears, 5.0. short throw, Whipple supercharger, 315/30/18, on the rear, and 275/35/18 on the front, with a saleen front bumper, and steeda street wing. Everything was ordered throught On3Motorsports, and all custom dyno tuning was done at Performance Solutions, so I'll do my best not to let them down on track day. This GT is fast, and will only get faster, as I begin shedding all the dead factory weight. Look forward to running at the track again soon, so add me to the special method members list you have... My car is a daily driver, and to all those who don't know me, it's show and go, as I drive it like I stoled it...
    Last edited by BurnTire; 10-23-06 at 01:42 PM.

Gold Award 

just a rookie

im new at this ill give it a try
    hottrodd

Nice Ride

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Just wanted to let you know, I plan on attending the Speedworld event. Finally got my WHIPPLE TWIN SCEW on, and Devin, and the rest of the crew at Performance Solutions, has it running great, now if I could just drive it, I'd be okay. Ran at Speedworld the other night for the first time, and clocked a 1.22 reaction time (Although not much of a reaction ) had no traction in second, and ran a 13.07, at 112mph. I look to improve that, but will need a shift light soon, to stay out of the rev limiter. For those who don't know my car, it's a 2006 vista blue GT, with 4:10 gears, 5.0. short throw, Whipple supercharger, 315/30/18, on the rear, and 275/35/18 on the front, with a saleen front bumper, and steeda street wing. Everything was ordered throught On3Motorsports, and all custom dyno tuning was done at Performance Solutions, so I'll do my best not to let them down on track day. This GT is fast, and will only get faster, as I begin shedding all the dead factory weight. Look forward to running at the track again soon, so add me to the special method members list you have... My car is a daily driver, and to all those who don't know me, it's show and go, as I drive it like I stoled it...
    YESSSSS! Cant wait to see the new whipple. I am the guy that met you on the 60/Stapley exit last week witlh the the Other Vista Blue GT. If I can ever get a good launch and a good 100 shot nitrous hit at the same time we will have a heck of a race. My goal is still just to beat my best N/A time of 13.6 which I might have done last weekend had it not been for all the rain and wipeouts at Firebird 2 Fridays ago. A new GTO went into the wall and a bike laid it out as well. I think I was dialed in for some good runs but was spinning down the lane.

Saturday night Speedworld definitely felt like Firebird. Slick as hell. I think that Jet Focus might have had something to do with it.
    2012 Race Red GT w/ a 5 Liter and a 6 speed
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T traded in.
    '03 DBS Cobra .... Traded in, THANK GOD
    '01 Ford Lightning.... Sold, sorely missed

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Your killing me with that blue font.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5