Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Route 66 Show

Route 66 Show

Hey, has it been decided where various groups will meet up for the cruise to Flagstaff in a couple of weeks? The group leaving about 10:00 A from Shea and the 87 on Friday worked out pretty good last year. Looking forward to the cruise

http://mustang.growingwithscience.info/Steves_66_Mustang/Welcome.html
    Daily Driver: 2012 V6 MCA Edition with Performance Package in Performance White

Any one want to meat at my house in the morning is fine.Im on i-17 and Pinnacle Peak. Lets get a list going.Im thinking my house by 10:00

is anyone leave earlier? i need to go before it gets too hot. may cruise with Darrin but just wondering rick is going a different route in which will be much prettier i will get the details. this subject will be discussed at the wwm club meeting next Wednesday so i will give more details if anything changes. but rick has a 66 gt350 and you have a 66 and i have a 69 if we can get all the old cars together would that be possible?

I CAN LEAVE WHENEVER.8:00 7:00 LET ME KNOW.WHAT WAY IS ANOTHER WAY THAN i-17

ill meet u at darrins

Ok Rick says that the other route is through wicken burg up through yarnell then peoples valley and that takes you to prescott then you take the 89 up to ash fork then you go eat on i-40 right into flagg. and 8 sounds damn good. i just need to leave early because my car will over heat once it hits 100

The route we did last year went through Payson - Strawberry and then up through Lake Mary and into Flagg. It was a beautiful drive. On the way back a few of us did I-17. CreamPuff, it would be great to get a group of first generations together for the ride. I have AC and a better than stock radiator so don't have any trouble keeping cool with the later generations! I would prefer the Payson route. I know that last year there were several groups that formed.

Quote Originally Posted by 66Pony View Post
    The route we did last year went through Payson - Strawberry and then up through Lake Mary and into Flagg. It was a beautiful drive. On the way back a few of us did I-17. CreamPuff, it would be great to get a group of first generations together for the ride. I have AC and a better than stock radiator so don't have any trouble keeping cool with the later generations! I would prefer the Payson route. I know that last year there were several groups that formed.
    . Well let's get them all together!!! Where are u located? Iknow my friend rick will take his 66 and I am trying to convince him not to trailer. Want to meet us at darin or do u want to go through payson. Depending on the meeting we can really set it in stone but I would prefer to drive with older :)

Platinum Award 
    We have about 15 Mustangs going up through payson and we are stopping for some grub in Strawberry.. No hurry to get there as the drive is half the fun! We are leaving just after 9 and in 20 mins we are out of the heat....
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Sounds good. The drive up through Payson is great and as Dave says you are out of the heat pretty quick heading up 87. I think out of the 15 cars or so last year about 4-5 where first generation. I would prefer that route on the way up and then likely 17 for the quicker return.

Quote Originally Posted by 69CreamPuFF View Post
    . Well let's get them all together!!! Where are u located? Iknow my friend rick will take his 66 and I am trying to convince him not to trailer. Want to meet us at darin or do u want to go through payson. Depending on the meeting we can really set it in stone but I would prefer to drive with older :)