Thread: Battery Light!!

Battery Light!!

Alright so apparently my car is out to get me, my car is now having a issue with the battery. when turning on my car the car turns on but everything electrical runs really weak, A/C, windows, Dashlights, and the battery light turns on on my dash as well and the battery gauge reads lower than where it should be. well it will do this for about 10 minutes then everything it go to normal the gauge will just flick over to where its suppose to read and the battery light will go away and the lights and A/c and everything will go back to normal. well it did this for about 2 days everytime i parked my car for a couple of hours. well i took it to get checked and they told me my battery and alternator are fine and didnt know what else to tell. They are both about a year old. just wondering if i could get any advice from you guys. i check my battery terminals and while a little dirty nothing that i would imagine would cause this problem but i cleaned them anyways. then i checked my alternator wires because i thought maybe i pulled one while doing a oil change but they seemed fine as well. any suggestions? you guys were helpful last time so figured i'd check here again

oh btw, so today when messing with it the gauge went all the way down to basically where it didnt show reading at all. so i turned off my car. and it wouldnt turn back on like the battery was dead, after about 10minutes of sitting i tried to crank it over and it barely turned on. let it sit for about 10 minutes at idle and my gauge went back to normal and i was able to turn my car off and on again. dont know if that helps any but figured i'd include it just incase.

I'd suggest that you check all of your ground connections, not just how tight the bolts are. There should be a clean tight ground from the engine to the chassis. It's not uncommon for the New Edge Stangs to have ground issues. If you have a charging/starting problem, check your grounds. The starter and alternator are bolted to the engine that's insulated from the chassis by the motor mounts. That's why there's a ground from the engine to the chassis.
    '03 Cobra - Mildly modded. A work in progress. 12.566 @ 110.755, 1.89 60' on street tires
    '93 Notch - Looks faster than it is.
    '72 F100 4x4 - Dormant, for now.
    Race '99 L - 12.40 @ 110

Platinum Award 
    get a dmm and check the alternator when you first start it up
    2005 v6 redfire mustang. yup its slow.
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph

resolved, took off the alternator and took it in and got it swapped, bad alt, i have no idea why it passed last time. maybe cus i had tested after driving the car around for a while, i dont know. but it failed and its been replaced and so far no low battery light! thanks for the input guys.