Thread: Mach Mach Has a Broken Nose :(

Silver Award 

Mach Has a Broken Nose :(

Long story short some guy in a Corvette was coming down the street near 15th ave and Bell. I was coming out of Sams Club, there is a big hunk of trees and when I looked right I didnt see anything, so I proceeded to pull out north bound on 15th ave to Bell. Just as I was about to clear the median I saw out of the corner of my eye the Vette hauling ass, had to be doing at least 75, so I swerved and smashed right into the sign in the median destroying the front end of the Mach 1. You ever see a grown man cry?

The guy in the Vette took off and headed east bound on Bell. If I wasnt so dazed for a second I might have gotten the plate, but I didnt. I called my insurance guy and he says get out of that area as soon as possible, I only have liability at this point because any collector car insurance wanted photos and the car was not ready for that. My insurance guy told me they would ticket me for not having control of my vehicle. I would also pay heavily for the sign that destroyed my front end. Very expensive. So I called my wife she brought me a car she stayed with the car while I went to Uhaul to get a trailer. Calling a towing company would have been over 100 bucks to get it home, and so 55 seemed less of 2 evils.

I dont know what this is called but it looks pretty serious. The front end parts IE grill, bumper, lower valance, spoiler are history, but those are not to tough to replace and I had intended on doing it at some point anyway. I got home and couldn't stand looking at the car the way it was so I started taking parts off, even if a body shop did this part of the removal they would have charged much more than me doing this myself. As the photos show my concern isnt body parts.

Can someone tell me what this is? It is definitely pushed in far enough that it is rubbing heavily on the pulley, there is no way I was going to be able to pull this out myself.

Id appreciate some info here, and any suggestions on who has the skills to fix this without raping me?
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by JoeT; 10-21-09 at 09:31 PM.

Silver Award 
    Not sure what happened I went back to edit the photos and it screwed up the post, not sure why it did that.