Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help

Need help

Im going to be being a wideband really soon. Either an lm-1 or an dynojet. Run down of the problem: I have a predator with a mail order tune. For some reason im dynoing the same power as stock because im running so rich. Ive talked to my tuner(sambandit) and hes been over my tune several times(its not that complicated) and he cant see anything wrong. I have a MAFia and its on the right setting as well. Here is my dyno graph,
    http://members.cox.net/jeremy.fritz/dyno.bmp
    http://members.cox.net/jeremy.fritz/dyno2.bmp

The only two things I can think of that might be wrong is, MAFia is bad or my mass air meter is not at the right angle(how it came stock). I heard that could throw it off but dont have a clue. Any suggestions or anybody available to lend a hand?

Thanks in advance..

The maf should be sitting straight up so the part were the harness connects is level. I know Gene has a wide ban and he's gonna be fine tuning his own car also so you might want to give him a halla.

Also check your mafia again and what tuning software are you using. The maf should actually be clocked to 10o'clock not straight up like I said before.

I had all kinds of problems with my mafia. I went with the SCT BA2400 which is the better way to go IMO. I have a PLX devices M-300 wideband. I use the SCT xcal-2 tuner with the pro racers package. You can use an analog output from your wideband to interface with the xcal2. This allows your A/F to be data logged by the xcal2. The predator can not do this. I started with a base tune from RWTD then applied all the necessary value files and road tuned the A/F to 11.6-11.8. Runs good. Well to make a long story short. Go with SCT. If you have any questions let me know.
    Jeff
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan@S3M View Post
    Also check your mafia again and what tuning software are you using. The maf should actually be clocked to 10o'clock not straight up like I said before.
    Im using a predator. Ive checked the setting on the MAFia several times and its on 2 where he said it should be.

Gold Award 
    You "DO NOT NEED A MAFIA" with a 2.8 pulley with a stock blower. 1st, turn your Maf to the 10 O'clock position. 2nd, log your FPDC on your predator. Its under gas/accel (its under FP). 3rd, ask Scott for a new tune minus the mafia. 4th, get a wideband for peace of mind anyway. If Scott went over rthe tune several times, its not the tuner. They use the same base tunes as a starting point ofr every car. They meaning every mail order tuner thats worth their salt, AKA Jon Lund, Chris Johnson, James @ RWTD, Rick @ Amazon etc. If you do not get it fixed from trying what I typed above, take it to performance solutions and get a tune from Devon. He and Dan know their shit over there and give member discounts. I know that they will not stop until they figure out whats causing the problem. Gene

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    You "DO NOT NEED A MAFIA" with a 2.8 pulley with a stock blower. 1st, turn your Maf to the 10 O'clock position. 2nd, log your FPDC on your predator. Its under gas/accel (its under FP). 3rd, ask Scott for a new tune minus the mafia. 4th, get a wideband for peace of mind anyway. If Scott went over rthe tune several times, its not the tuner. They use the same base tunes as a starting point ofr every car. They meaning every mail order tuner thats worth their salt, AKA Jon Lund, Chris Johnson, James @ RWTD, Rick @ Amazon etc. If you do not get it fixed from trying what I typed above, take it to performance solutions and get a tune from Devon. He and Dan know their shit over there and give member discounts. I know that they will not stop until they figure out whats causing the problem. Gene
    I didn't realize he only had a 2.8. Ditch the mafia.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    I didn't realize he only had a 2.8. Ditch the mafia.
    Dont have a 2.8. its stock upper and 8# lower. The blower is getting ported in the next week or so and im thinking about an upper pulley along with my lower. That maf is at 10 o'clock. I would but I dont have the money right now to take it to devon.

Just drove it around the block and did a third gear pull. Started at 3500rpms, heres the data,
    112 iat
    3.60 maf v
    36psi frp
    20deg sprkadv
    178% load
    170f eng.
    130f intake air temp.
    4.62v tps
    at 4000rpms the fuel was at41 with 21deg spark. 183%load.
    at 5064rpms fuel was 37, 22deg and 185%
    5500, 39fuel, 22deg and 181%
    From what i can see on the fuel it jumps from 36-41 during the pull and 20-22deg spark.

With the 8# lower and ported blower you'll need the MAFia(or an SCT BA2400 meter). It would be great if you could log your car with a XCal2 if you know someone and send Scott the numbers of a 2000rpm to redline run.

Log these parameters (along with the A/F ratio) and get him the log:

INLET AIR TEMP (IAT1)
    DOWNSTREAM AIR TEMP (IAT2)
    ENGINE COOLING TEMP (ECT)
    MAF COUNTS (1024 counts is 5 volts; (counts * 5) / 1024 = volts)
    ENGINE SPEED
    LOAD (this is the calculated load reported from the MAF)
    THROTTLE POSITION ABSOLUTE (TP position in counts)
    BATTERY VOLTAGE
    SPARK
    MBT SPARK (mean best timing spark)
    PRESSURE DROP ACROSS INJECTORS
    FUEL PUMP DUTY CYCLE
    MAP VOLTAGE
    Mark
    Steel City Terminators
    '04 Black Cobra
    663RWHP / 665RWTQ