Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Blue Stripe

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    I wish I gave a shit to be a part of all of this action. For what its worth, I still have 4 thread heads and anti seize them everytime a plug goes in. I've never had a problem.

yes sir! we still love you no matter how many threads you have Gene

I wish I gave a shit to be a part of all of this action. For what its worth, I still have 4 thread heads and anti seize them everytime a plug goes in. I've never had a problem.
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by dun4791 View Post
    OK you have the fastest car in the country.

For your information Ford lets the coolant escape out of the rear of both heads on the new V6s and it is also going on all the new 3.5 and 3.7L V6s. The 3.5 is slated to be in 85% of thier cars. They utilize a crossover tube (plastic with O ring seals) that then feeds the heater core. Maybe with all the 98723978563489756 they spend on RnD they finally got it right. And your .35 cent per vehicle figure is millions for Ford.

Oh and I STILL work for Ford.

You are entilted to your opinion, however I take personal offense to when you make reference to 99% of coolant mods leaking or being made poorly. Have you ever held one of my coolant mods in your hand? You would know it is a quality piece. It is bolted to the back of the head and utilizes an O ring for sealing.And for the record we have never had ANY reports of a mod leaking. EVER.
    Also for the record- the time involved for the monetary return on the few products we sell is nothing. We do it because we are part of the Terminator community and we enjoy doing it. Nothing more. We all have day jobs, and we all own modified Terminators.
    Im not apologizing for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by dun4791 View Post
    Your entire post is stupid. The only 9 threaded heads are OE 05 Aviator heads.

Why if the piston skirt was making a noise and then Ford replaced a head, the why wiould the noise disapper? Are piston routinely replaced along with a head swap on a 4V Terminator?

Yes your post was a dumb read...............
    Ok, I apologize for the attitude here, I evidently was misinformed. But the attitude was well deserved from the other post you made, it just kind of bled over.
    Evidently there was some 04 Cobras with 9 threaded holes, and I applaud you for setting the record straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Also, no 9 thread heads have ever been installed at the factory on production Cobras. They were not released until after Cobra production ceased.

Dana
    Up until today, I too believed that the 9 plug heads were only released after Cobra production ceased.
    I stand corrected on that and thank you for taking the time to research it.

Sorry for the bad info.

Dana
    '03 Redfire Coupe 6 spd 10.54@133.5
    Whipple tuned by HBH, BilletFlow stuff (and Doug didn't even ask me to post that), Raptor Shift Light, Solid Axle w/3.73, etc, etc, etc...

Well I came up with the The number of turns head thread Test.

Dan tested out the theory for me.
    Dan also adamantly stated the 04's have 9 threads and he was always right.

Basically there is a seat in the head for the wider portion of the plugs just above the threads to stop on. This seat, notch, ledge, whatever you want to call it is in the same location in the 03/04 heads. What is different is the 03 head threads start at the bottom of the head and go up 4 threads then there is space between there and the seat.

The 04 heads threads start at the same spot, but go up 9 threads much closer to the seat.

So when you screw a plug in your are using the bottom 4 threads of the plug on an 03 head and the bottom 9 plug threads on an 04.
    Most plugs have 10-11 threads.

So this is how to find out how many threads your head has.
    Make full 360 degree turns on the plug

4-4.5 turns to remove or seat the plug on a 4 thread head

8-8.5 turns to remove or seat the plug on a 9 thread head

Attachment 1725
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by BurnTire; 12-20-06 at 10:31 PM.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Gold Award 
    Cool. Thats how I found out I only had 4 threads that actually worked. ie.e only getting 4.5 turns on my plugs. Guiness guys "Brilliant"!

Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    Well I came up with the The number of turns head thread Test.

Dan tested out the theory for me.
    Dan also adamantly stated the 04's have 9 threads and he was always right.

Basically there is a seat in the head for the wider portion of the plugs just above the threads to stop on. This seat, notch, ledge, whatever you want to call it is in the same location in the 03/04 heads. What is different is the 03 head threads start at the bottom of the head and go up 4 threads then there is space between there and the seat.

The 04 heads threads start at the same spot, but go up 9 threads much closer to the seat.

So when you screw a plug in your are using the bottom 4 threads of the plug on an 03 head and the bottom 9 plug threads on an 04.
    Most plugs have 10-11 threads.

So this is how to find out how many threads your head has.
    Make full 360 degree turns on the plug

4-4.5 turns to remove or seat the plug on a 4 thread head

8-8.5 turns to remove or seat the plug on a 9 thread head

I’m not asking you to apologize to me what so ever I want a formal apology to INDY. You are the one whom started on him so I jumped to set the record strait on the 9 thread stuff and what happened between you and I was uncalled for between the two of us and we both threw shit at each other however Indy was only trying to answer the question at hand and you flug shit at him. He didn’t need that,

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I’m not asking you to apologize to me what so ever I want a formal apology to INDY. You are the one whom started on him so I jumped to set the record strait on the 9 thread stuff and what happened between you and I was uncalled for between the two of us and we both threw shit at each other however Indy was only trying to answer the question at hand and you flug shit at him. He didn’t need that,
    He apologized on the first page
    http://www.highperformancestangs.com...6&postcount=13

I think we can just end this thread the way it is.

We have totally verified the issue for the cobra world to see and came up with an easy way to check the status of a set of heads.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Cool. Thats how I found out I only had 4 threads that actually worked. ie.e only getting 4.5 turns on my plugs. Guiness guys "Brilliant"!

Guiness ?? Is that beer?
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5