Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 2003/2004 Mustang Cobra Turbo 400 / TH-400 Swap / Conversion

Not at all. I am 6ft so I keep the seat way back. It is in a perfect location.

Where did you get the Carbon Fibers fillers to cover the old shifter location and the driveshaft tunnel?
    Did you consider a C4 and if so why did you go with the 400 instead?
    Are you running a lock-up converter? If so, are you locking it on your passes?
    I'm currently running a 4R70W that is EEC controlled on my passes with a Lock-up converter. It's doing very well and has been in my car for a couple of years and a ton of passes but, I'm considering the next level so I'm in the research mode right now. One thing I would like to have is an OD tranny, but I'm not sure there is one out there that will hold up. I may actually stick with the 4R until some development is made on the new 6Rs. It seems to be holding up really well even in stock configuration. Would be really cool to have a 6 speed, manual valve body race tranny. I appreciate you allowing me to pick your brain!
    Thanks!
    2001 Bullitt, 9.37@152.3 T-Trim, Boss330 4V, Kris Starnes Racing Heads, BC Automotive 4R70W, Circle D Converter, Tuners Inc. Tuning
    http://www.bullseyetechnology.net/953148.wmv

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt5094 View Post
    Where did you get the Carbon Fibers fillers to cover the old shifter location and the driveshaft tunnel?
    Did you consider a C4 and if so why did you go with the 400 instead?
    Are you running a lock-up converter? If so, are you locking it on your passes?
    I'm currently running a 4R70W that is EEC controlled on my passes with a Lock-up converter. It's doing very well and has been in my car for a couple of years and a ton of passes but, I'm considering the next level so I'm in the research mode right now. One thing I would like to have is an OD tranny, but I'm not sure there is one out there that will hold up. I may actually stick with the 4R until some development is made on the new 6Rs. It seems to be holding up really well even in stock configuration. Would be really cool to have a 6 speed, manual valve body race tranny. I appreciate you allowing me to pick your brain!
    Thanks!
    Just have Darin go back thru it and then put a manual valvebody in it!

As far as the new 6 spd, someone would have to make a new controller to put in your BULLITT.
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill View Post
    Just have Darin go back thru it and then put a manual valvebody in it!
    Already working with Darrin on that but still always interested in at least learning about other paths. The car is making almost 800hp right now with a measly T-Trim, 16psi and 18 deg of timing. I put a turbo on it and start launching it off a TB bad things could happen. That being said, no one thought the 4r would handle what I'm doing with it right now either. Darrin's really come up with some great hardware to go into these. I don't think anyone knows what the limit is right now, but just in case I find it, I want to have an idea what a good next step would be. I still have people tell me I can't lock-up my converter at WOT but I've done it on every pass I've made with this tranny. Just shows what we don't know about it.

As far as the 6r in the Bullitt, I'm actually running a Mach 1 Automatic processor so it would need to interface with it, not the Bullitt EEC. Darrin is really wanting to get into the 6R too but your right, no cross-over controllers available yet or manual valve bodies that I'm aware of either. Don't need a controller with that.
    Last edited by Bullitt5094; 06-20-11 at 01:25 PM.
    2001 Bullitt, 9.37@152.3 T-Trim, Boss330 4V, Kris Starnes Racing Heads, BC Automotive 4R70W, Circle D Converter, Tuners Inc. Tuning
    http://www.bullseyetechnology.net/953148.wmv

No lockup on the converter, but it is very tight. C4 is a little lighter, but no where near as strong. I wanted a tranny that will last for street strip duty. I have all the lighweight Rossler internals with the terminator 3 model. The tranny has been perfect so far. I will get you the console info when I get home.

Amazing after all these years I still get questions about this install. TH-400 is a good decision to go fast.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5